Fuel Line Magnetizer

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Minh
Roadsteraholic

Fuel Line Magnetizer

Post by Minh »

I was at the Harbor Freight Tools hardware store and I saw this doo-hicky that attaches to the inlet fuel line to the carbs 6 months ago.

It's supposed to reduce emmisions and carbon buildup while increasing power, torque, and MPG by breaking up and polarizing the gasoline molecules.

I said what the heck so I plopped $13 and a 2 minute install and put it in my Civic. I didn't pay any mind to it after that. Then I got curious and started looking into today. I ran across this other competitor online and they have emperical data to support the claims. I may have already payed for itself. I guess now I'm going to get one for the Roadster.

http://www.taytan.com/test.htm

I am only using the fuel line magnets. The webiste looks like, maybe not, a water and air magnet.

Any chemical engineers out there with any opinion?..
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

I believe that the proper term is snake oil.... If it were as simple as strapping a few magnets to the fuel lines to reduce emissions, increase horsepower and brew a better cup of coffee, the auto makers would have done this years ago. Forget all the hogwash about the automakers wanting to hide these discoveries. They are bound by the Federal government to meet CAFE standards (see - I tied that coffee line in with something after all!). CAFE being the Corporate Average Fuel Economy. It is part of the reason that Station Wagons died and SUVs became all the rage. It is also part of the reason that vehicles like the Prius and the other hybrids are out in the world today.

I recall reading about one guy that put all of the doo dads on his vehicle and according to all of the claims, his car was supposed to save over 300% in fuel costs. He could not find any places that were willing to siphon off the excess fuel though....
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

Gotta go with Sid on this one Minh. I think you just wasted some hard earned cash.

I work in the heavy trucking industry (For Freightliner). Fuel economy is a HUGE issue for our customers. Especially the fleets. When you have a fleet that runs 15,000 trucks, each one putting on say 100,000 miles a year, that's 150 million miles. In this scenario, the difference between 9 Mpg and 10 Mpg is 1,666,666 gallons of fuel. At $1.40 a gallon for diesel your looking at a savings of $2,333,333 a year by bumping your fuel economy up by one little MPG. I know of no OEM in this industry installing these devices and no major fleets using them. That tells me they are junk.

Off my soapbox...
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904