U20 Block off plate...

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Minh
Roadsteraholic

U20 Block off plate...

Post by Minh »

The Big Block Ford is a perfect fit!!!

I bought an over the counter chromed Spectre Big Block Ford block off plate for $6 and it even come with a matching gasket.

I bought it by accident. I was intending to get a Small Block Chevy plate. But It cought my eye when I saw the hole spacing.

Anyways, this leads me to wonder if the Big Block Ford mechanical fuel pump is interchangable with minor mod... :) If anyone is looking for higher PSI mechanical alternative, here is a lead.
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

More fuel pressure

Post by SLOroadster »

Why do you want more fuel pressure than what the stock mechanical pump puts out. You will just blow past the float valves and make the engine run really rich all the time. Solexs will only handle 3.5 lbs of pressure, and my guess is that SUs are the same.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

I don't (not now anyways)... :)

I'm just saying if someone did want more fuel pressure from a mechanical fuel pump here is a clue. As opposed to using an electric one, like for a EFI or air induction, etc, whatever... you know

I stated the pump option as a logical tangent knowing that since the plate fits MAYBE the pump fits too.

That's all...
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!