Hot New Japanese Auto Styling

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Minh
Roadsteraholic

Re: Japanese wild ideas

Post by Minh »

sgriffin wrote:Miata disaster is more like it. I'm no prude or absolue purist, but I thought even in 1969-70 that Nissan was making a mistake with the "Z" cars, and perhaps more importantly to change their US market name from Datsun to their international Nissan name. To this day at least 67% of the people 25 and under never have heard of Datsun.
From I have heard of the era on the local gearhead radio show was that guys who owned little import 2 seater sportscars were just assumed to be gay,.. "with a small few exception, like the Cobra that just looked and sounded masculine." I don't know, but it wasn't Nissan's fault for that marketing hurdle. I guess the "Z" worked cause they're still selling them. Personnly I like the whole "Fairlady" nomiker. It counterpoints with the Roadster's inards and spirit of a wild mustang. <I might be dillusional here>

Funny how that Datsun thing was dropped but so happily redone again - Infinity. This time with Toyota's Lexus and Honda's Acura. These brands only exists Stateside. Must work otherwise they gave it by now.
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
TR

Post by TR »

What happened to the "hit them with my purse post"??? This was my response...

And maybe comment on how they are dressed and their haircut!

A coworker commented that another coworker I do not know said, "Look at those two gay guys" when (yet) another coworker and I were returning from lunch in the roadster...

I never realized my sexuality would be questioned unless I was driving a VW Cabriolet...TR
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

or a Fiero...
:lol:
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

It probably was the poodle...... :P
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

He wore the Poodle skirt to work again?

I was half way through typing the "hit them with the purse" reply the other day, but deleted it.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit