DELETED
toolsnob

wheels

Post by toolsnob »

Alvin,

Those wheels look great on your car.
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

Alvin, congrats man! That kicks serious butt! I wonder if the colder night air contributed to you picking up that extra 10th of a second and posting your best time of the night.

Way to show the crowd some old school Datsun action! I wish I could have seen that in person.
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
TR

Post by TR »

Alvin,

That sure sounds like fun, way to represent the roadster community!

Did you settle on the 2K launch? What was the wheelspin like for the 2K and 3K launch?

What kind of revs are you turning at the 1-2 upshift that scare you?

Do you really have the time to see that you are about to "break out" and react? I can imagine being so consumed by trying to go fast that I would probably have my foot in the gas until I left the track!

Very cool, TR
bengelhardt
Roadster Nut

Post by bengelhardt »

You are a rock star! Congrat's on such a great race night. Wish that I was there to see it.

And those wheels are SO sexy. I'm jealous.
Bill Engelhardt
1970 2000
Oakland, CA
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

Alvin...

You rock, and I'm not worthy!!!
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

Without stirring up the whole swap issue, what is old school about a SR20 swapped one? That is like calling the new mini "old school"
Uh, that would be the car itself, the DATSUN, the one that was made in 1967...
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
steve68

Post by steve68 »

WOW!! good job man. I just got back fromt the track (points race.) top ten go the division finals (fl to wv. 5 states i believe)
First time back out in 4 years. got down to the last 4 cars.. we are one of the fastest in the class, my dad likes to chase down the slow cars.(he is going 125, a guy in a 16sec car thinks its to far ahead and they hit the brakes..WRONG!)

stick to it. bracket racing is awsome! you are really racing yourself more than anything.

and o our car runs 10.6 at 125..foot braking it. with the tranny brake its a little faster and pulls the tires 4ft in the air!

steve
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
steve68

Post by steve68 »

i really don't know why, but im guessing to make it harder?lol.
well if that was so then you wouldn't let out if you got past the car you where racing.

also when you race next time. air up you front tires so you can get a quicker reaction time. try to stage last as to make the other guy loss his concentration, but becarful don't wait to long or they may throw the tree down before you stage if you both don't.its takes awhile sometime to make them go.

to be most consistent. try to have your car run the same temp every time. hard when you don't have an elctric fan and water pump.

try to get soem slicks mounted on steel 15's or 14's. will make a huge differnece. traction helps a great deal when coming to consistency. get the right size tire to make it run faster in the 1/4, im sure i can help you out if you do it.

do you have a torque bar or any tractions bars? i think you may need them with your traction problem. i think you leafsprings are binding.
it wouldn't be to hard to make your own..ill show you a how-to if intrested

they are plenty of car with 10.5in. tire running in the 7's at over 180mph ina 3000pd car!!!! im sure you can run 14's on a 8.5 slick..
do you have a shift light? do you feel like your shifts are the same every time?

steve