Reupholstering the seats????????

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Reupholstering the seats????????

Post by Guest »

I want to know what is a reasonable for reupholstering my seats as close as possible to the original patterns. I actually gave them to my brother-in-law and he is getting them reupholstered this week but I don't want him to get ripped off.

I have the red seats, no headrests, and they currently have the original vinyl (smooth on the sides and back, diamond pattern in the middle). One of the seat's bottom became the lunch box for a rat while in the previous owner's garage, and now has a big hole on the vinyl and some of the foam also.

Any ideas???? Oh! I am in So. California.

Jorge
DELETED

Try the vendors

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Post by Guest »

Thanks Mark! Are the ones offered by suppliers like "seat covers" or the kind that need to be stapled at the bottom like the ones already on the seats?

Jorge
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

They are actual seats skins. That replace the torn old ones.

However, I would still recommend some full cover neoprene seat covers to protect your seats anyway.

Thye also have soem very nice carpet kits too... I bought a set but decided not put in but use as a template for a nicer grade of carpet - the dense, low cut, heavy wear in luxury German makes.
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!

Post by Guest »

Minh...u still have the "rejected" carpet? :lol: I'm going to check then with Dean and Dann @ Rallye as well to see if I will be better off getting these seats' upholstering. Thanks for the info!

Jorge
DELETED

Try Classic Datsun too!

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

The seat upholstery actually is held on the seats by way of metal tabs - they are not staples. Be careful as they could snap off.

On the carpet, I got mine for the 1500 from Chester and Herrod. They can make up sets in whatever material you want and they are great to work with. If you need contact info, I can dig out a phone number for them.
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

Jorge0227 wrote:Minh...u still have the "rejected" carpet? :lol: I'm going to check then with Dean and Dann @ Rallye as well to see if I will be better off getting these seats' upholstering. Thanks for the info!
Jorge
Sorry no... I threw it out months ago. :(
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
millertime

Post by millertime »

Jorge:

I would say about $ 200.00 per seat is a good average for decent quality job. Double this for leather. Make sure you get referrals though!!! dont walk in cold I have friends wait till there were done and OUCH !!! Get the estimate in writing.

my 3 cents short of a nickel

Derek

Post by Guest »

Minh: No problem! Just checking :(

Derek: Thank you very much for the info on the price range....and for the advice regarding estimates and referrals, I must admit that I have been in one of those "OUCH!" situations myself in the past!

Jorge