Pic's of Gary's Restoration

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

millertime

Pic's of Gary's Restoration

Post by millertime »

Dropped in on Gary to see how his restoration is goin. Just thought I would post some pictures since the color looks awesome. He says his engine and tranny are ready to get dropped in. But he is takin care of the little finishing details.

I cant wait to see how this baby looks!!!

here is a link if anyone wants to take a look.

http://community.webshots.com/album/102402046HPfucT
nking79

Post by nking79 »

The color is great. I never thought I'd like a purple car. That orange one was good too.
Ratster

Post by Ratster »

I don't think thats "orange" in fact it looks like the same colour as my 67 'cuda (first car, never should have sold it!)

I'm going with the original paint on the ratster, but I like some of the metallics I've seen. Kinda looks like a bunch of jelly beans when you see a group shot...verry cool! 8)
millertime

Orange ??

Post by millertime »

lol. No one regonizes that color ?? Orange ? :(

That is called Lemans Sunset it is a Nissan color. Any Guess the car I stole it from ????

350z 8)
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

350z color

Post by SLOroadster »

I'm going to steal a 350Z color as well. I think Im going to paint my car the Silverstone Grey metalic with a pair of racing stripes. The problem is finding the $$$ to do it.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
millertime

Post by millertime »

I have a confession SLOroadster.... the Lemans wasnt my first choice the Silver was. But I opted for this and was surprised how nice it turned out.
Side note I only paid for the paint. I trade favors with a friend of mine so the risk wasnt that high if i didnt like. course the paint and clear coat was $ 600.00 plus the Bottle of Vodka for the guy who shot it :wink:
millertime

Post by millertime »

Dropped in On Gary again to check on his progress. Engine is running!!!! now for the fine tuning which wont be a problem since Ed is the Datsun Guru 8) The Car Sounds Great!

New 15" Panasports really show off the car as well... Cant wait to see this Bad boy on the road..

Updated Pictures posted.

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadsterz

Derek

Post by Guest »

Hey Millertime: I must confess that the color on your roadster (the orange/copper/something!) really has me thinking about mine.....I am in the priming last steps, and dont know if I want to go for the original color I have (white) or to go for something else......I won't do your color out of deference to your choice, but man, I wouldn't hesitate if the color was not "taken"!!! It is so far my favorite Roadster image !!!

Great job!

Jorge
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

Well... Everyone, knows what's the greatest form of flattery. :)
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
millertime

Post by millertime »

lol true.... true....

Your killin me!!

I at least have to survive 1 year at Solvang with a unique color. Well I cant fault anyone if they invest time an hard earned money in a car they treasure. its all good

Next Year though ? ohhhh watch out !!! Im bringin on the Heat!!!!

hehe
Derek