anyone put Miata seats in their car?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

roadstermike
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

anyone put Miata seats in their car?

Post by roadstermike »

Just a thought before I reseat my current seats; How well is the fit and how comfortable are the miata seats? Is it an easy install? I am 5'11'', will it interfere with my line of sight ( I assume I will sit a little higher). Any comments appreciated.
Michael
67.5 2000 clone
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Miata seats

Post by SLOroadster »

I have a set in my car. They feel like psudo race seats. They are nice. I don't think they will affect the view through the rear view mirror (but then mine is almost useless, all I see is a rollbar, and it is in the way of my line of sight through a right turn. I end up having to look under the thing.) Having speakers in the headrest is nice however. I say go for it.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Re: Miata seats

Post by DatsunBucky »

SLOroadster wrote:I don't think they will affect the view through the rear view mirror (but then mine is almost useless, all I see is a rollbar, and it is in the way of my line of sight through a right turn. I end up having to look under the thing.)
Will, I don't know about now, but back "in the day" when you could buy a roadster new, a vehicle in California was required to have two rear-view mirrors, one of which was required to be on the driver's side (bold mine). That means, at least then, that you could remove the inside mirror as long as it was replaced with one on the right side of the car. Think about semis. What about work vans wth no rear windows? It might still be the case, and therefore legal.

I once had the URL to the Cal Veh Code, but I lost it quite a while ago. I lost the URL, too! :wink:

In case y'all're wondering, #14284 is getting all the layers of paint sanded off. I think he will weigh 10 lbs less when I'm done, in addition to the 83 lbs I can account for. There are at least 8 layers of paint, and 12 (!) on the trunk. Still looking at 2 yrs at the least, and I'm reaching the point where I'm going to have to spend a little money on him. He is definitely a "him", not a "her". No wussy-pants allowed here! :D

(edited for spelling)
Bucky
TR

Post by TR »

Hey gang,

Can anyone confirm the seat height? I'm a bit tall for a low windshield car and would really like to get closer to the floor (so the bugs do not hit me in the forhead!).

Thanks! TR
Minh
Roadsteraholic

Post by Minh »

TR wrote:Hey gang,

Can anyone confirm the seat height? I'm a bit tall for a low windshield car and would really like to get closer to the floor (so the bugs do not hit me in the forhead!).

Thanks! TR
LOL!! :lol:
'69 1982cc SU
'74 1600cc VW Bug
http://www.311s.org/registry/1969/srl311-07837.html
When life hands you lemons, ask for TEQUILA AND SALT!
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Miata seats

Post by SLOroadster »

I know the feeling about bugs in the teeth. The front of my seat sits about 8 inches off the floorboard, however the seat slopes back so the rear of the seat is about 6 inches. I am 6 foot and the way I drive is very up right, the very top of my head is above the windshield (tall windshield). I would love a half year car, but I would never be able to drive the thing comfortably because I would have to stretch just a little to see over the windshield or slouch to see through it. :(

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!