Tech tips and how to's
Moderators: notoptoy, garth, S Allen
- Roadster Nut
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:57 am
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Model: 2000
- Year: High Windshield-68-70
I'm planning on replacing the steering box and idler assembly on my 1968 Roadster. What is the best reference/manual to use to do this task?
- Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
- Posts: 7567
- Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:47 pm
- Location: Tacoma, WA
I have not checked the factory manual but I would assume it's in there to some degree under the 1600 section. However, it's not very complicated to replace the parts as I recall. If you're talking about rebuilding them with the kits offered then you'll need a machine shop for some fitting work.
'67 2000 #588