We are back open, Future of Datsunparts.com & A Personal Note to Customers

Moderators: notoptoy, garth, S Allen

Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

We are back open, Future of Datsunparts.com & A Personal Note to Customers

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

Happy New Year to all!

I know that one other vendor has been working with a reduced schedule without any explanation as to why things may have changed. I’ve seen those posts here in 311’s. For me, I felt I would owe my customers an explanation as to why things may slow down here at DatsunParts.com and this letter is an expression of just that.

Last time I posted here in regards to my closure was in November. Because of some very positive recent events, after my return from the east, I am now considering myself to be officially semi-retired. The full product line will continue, NO downsizing, with a full complement of inventory. There are a couple of new projects that were in the works last year that will come due soon and will be added to our product line.
I will continue as always. I love creating parts, making new kits and packages, processing orders; I really enjoy walking through my somewhat large warehouse (SEE “SHOP A MOVIE” LINK BELOW) pulling parts for your orders and I especially like the emails with customers expressing satisfaction for what they received. It has been and still is extremely gratifying. I feel real blessed guys.

I will be limiting myself to shipping a certain quantity of orders each day, 4 to 5 days per week. That will be difficult because I have always served you by trying to get out all the orders placed in a week out the same week. I will have to resolve myself to always being behind and that is hard for me. Orders will be shipped within 7 to 28 business days once an order is received by us through the Secure order form. Please keep that in mind when ordering and while waiting for your order. Because of the time restrictions please carefully order parts as returns will be more restricted.

Finally, a thank you to my regular customers and my rewards customers for all their support these 32 years. This could have not been possible without you. I will show my appreciation in different ways this year in the rewards program.

www.datsunparts.com/shop-a-movie.html

www.datsunparts.com

Thanks, Dean

Now I said I was slowing down and you send me a bunch of orders in 1 week after re-opening. LOL Please be patient. I'm gonna bring in a guy to help turn secure order forms into invoices. Thanks guys!
DSC01974.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Datsunparts.comInc on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. End of year 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! Check out "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: We are back open, Future of Datsunparts.com & A Personal Note to Customers

Post by theunz »

Dean, first I’d like to congratulate you on your “semi retirement”, everyone deserves a chance to finally slow down and put themselves first. 2nd, I’m glad that you intend to keep the business going. I have bought from several different vendors and have been happy with all of them. The bulk of my purchases have been from you, and no doubt it’s because of your vast array of products. The simple fact that you have invested significant funds to reproduce unavailable parts should not go unnoticed, and for that reason alone you should be at the top of the list. Also your website is next to none.
My car has been more or less finished (if they are really ever finished) for a couple of years now, so your slowing down will have little effect for me. Unfortunately it seems that these cars are now more popular than ever and many of those in the process of their restorations will be affected. They will just have to be more vigilant in their planning.
I do hope that when the time comes that you decide to fully retire you sell the business rather than liquidate. That would be a huge loss for the community.
In the mean time enjoy your retirement, you’ll be busier than ever, but you’ll enjoy the heck out of it!
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!) 1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable!
devo
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by devo »

Congrats on the semi-retirement, Dean! Very glad to hear that Dastunparts will continue ahead as usual as I built my car with many, many parts from your shop, along with some from Ross and JT. All were top notch. I do hope that the new products line will include the "late" style shift knob with "early" threads. Been waiting with great anticipation on that one. Congrats again.
Solex68
Site Supporter
Model: 2000

Post by Solex68 »

Congrats on the semi-retirement, Dean. If it wasn't for DatsunParts my car would have all sorts of missing parts or failing parts.
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000 U20
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: SS brake lines, Stan Stealth Dizzy, Denso TT plugs
C.Costine
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by C.Costine »

Good for you Dean! I went into unofficial semi-retirement from my business somewhere around 1995 and didn't sell out until 2005. Best wishes!
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
johnscf
Roadster Fanatic

Post by johnscf »

Dean I’m glad it’s just a “semi” retirement your site has been my go to for just about everything I’ve needed over the past decade. Enjoy slowing down and be safe
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

:smt004 Thanks to everyone with your kind words of support. I will take your advice!

D-
More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. End of year 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! Check out "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
PatS
Site Supporter

Post by PatS »

Congratulations Dean on your choice to 'retire'. After watching your movie, it made me want to start another project!

Pat
TobyMan
Roadster Nut

Post by TobyMan »

Awesome video. You're the best! Patience is a virtue, even if we do have to wait a day or so longer. Living on the East coast shipping is always somewhat variable. anyway. :D
Wilson, NY
1968 1600
bajaroadster
Roadster Fanatic
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by bajaroadster »

Congrats Dean. Thanks for the video, I really enjoyed it! Great choice of background music! Id kinda forgotten about that song. Seems very appropriate for the times we are living in. Stay safe my friend and enjoy your "retirement."
Ive seen normal. It aint pretty.
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Mr. Baja,

Thanks I will if you guys don't keep burying me with orders like you did this last week! LOL

D-
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Sorry guys. Closing until March. People are sending in orders with wrong addresses, incomplete phone numbers, credit cards that have problems. It is taking up a lot of time and I am not getting orders out in the time permitted.
I have a pile of almost 300 orders with the internationals plus a ton of new orders I haven't even opened up, so I am going to take the rest of the month to get this stuff out.

'Thanks for your understanding.

Dean