Thought on Selling My Project Car and Parts

Items For Sale

Moderators: notoptoy, garth, S Allen

Rodosuta
Roadster Newby

Thought on Selling My Project Car and Parts

Post by Rodosuta » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:36 pm

I have a rather nice U20 engine that was overhauled many years ago. After the work was done it was prepped for long term storage.
I don't have documentation but it looks great. I put a scope down the cylinders and took a look at everything including the valves and it looks very clean.

The engine is only missing the alternator (although I have an alternator from a different engine that just came back from a professional rebuild. It worked fine, but I had new bearings and brushes and the whole thing refurbished). I also have the 5 speed tranny, drive shaft and Diff with axels and the finned rear drums.

My question is, will I have a better shot at selling the individual bits or sell it as a set? I'm new to the Roadster world.

theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Re: Thought on Selling My Project Car and Parts

Post by theunz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 pm

If your talking about selling the car and all the parts then I would try to sell it all together. If your just talking about the drive train then it's probably easier to sell individually, not a big market for the rear end unless it's a limited slip or has non stock gear ratio.

Mike M
1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. 1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable!

Solex68
Site Supporter

Post by Solex68 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 pm

I would list it as a set first and if it did not sell then consider slitting it up. The rear end is going to be a hard sell. It's more like a bonus gift with the order. They are a dime a dozen.
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: SS brake lines, Stan Stealth Dizzy, Denso TT plugs

rahjr60
Roadster Nut

Post by rahjr60 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Where are you in NC? I might be interested depending on price.
Al

67.5 SPL F/Prod Race Car
69 SRL Driver
69 SRL Project
65 Ford Falcon Sedan Delivery Deluxe Project