New DATSUN hood letters - 6 Piece set genuine Nissan

Moderators: notoptoy, garth, S Allen

fairladyproducts.com
Roadster Fanatic

New DATSUN hood letters - 6 Piece set genuine Nissan

Post by fairladyproducts.com »

Up for sale are new genuine Nissan hood letters in a 6 piece set. There has been much recent discussion about their availability and since they are quite scarce about how to reproduce them. These letters have been stored in a dark place in a cabinet and out of sight. The parts are still in the plastic bags that Nissan packed them in. There are only 5 sets now available. The main vendor in Washington state said that the plastic letters look good longer than the metal ones. After searching many sites there was only one that posted a price and availability.

The price for these sets is $220.00 each which seems to be about $75 less than advertised elsewhere. Boxes are not included at the posted price.

Stan
http://www.fairladyproducts.com
standatsun@gmail.com
MVC-027S.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Datsuns4Me
Roadster Enthusiast

Re: New DATSUN hood letters - 6 Piece set genuine Nissan

Post by Datsuns4Me »

Why wouldn't the box be included?
sitting somewhere in the sands of time

fairladyproducts.com
Roadster Fanatic

The boxes were removed to conserve storage space. If you put the box on your hood would the car look better?

Stan

Solex68
Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Solex68 »

fairladyproducts.com wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 pm
The boxes were removed to conserve storage space. If you put the box on your hood would the car look better?

Stan
Yes, it would look better :)
Just kidding...but kinda true ;)
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000 U20
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: SS brake lines, Stan Stealth Dizzy, Denso TT plugs

Datsuns4Me
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by Datsuns4Me »

fairladyproducts.com wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 pm
The boxes were removed to conserve storage space.
Ummm......what? How do loose letters store better than a box? A square angled box that would stack nice and neat versus loose smalls? I don't get it.

If I were to spend this kind of money for "NOS OEM", I'd want the box. And yea, as Greg said, the box on the hood, above the letters, would make it look better.
sitting somewhere in the sands of time

Linusrp
Monthly Subscriber-Roadster Enthusiast

Post by Linusrp »

You could spend another $75, with another vendor, and maybe get the Nissan box. I've bought lots of parts from most of the vendors and rarely did I receive them in the original Nissan box. But i bought the parts to use them not to store them. The box will probably blow off when you drive down the road, then get run over by another car and smashed :? . Stan is offering a good deal for the actual letters that fit on the car. People wanting boxes make me laugh. But hey, its your money.
1967 1600 restored
1968 1600 Gone & Buried
1970 1600 Gone & Buried

johnscf
Roadster Fanatic

Post by johnscf »

so are these plastic or metal?

fairladyproducts.com
Roadster Fanatic

The hood letters that I offered are made from plastic.

Stan
////

fairladyproducts.com
Roadster Fanatic

It has been said that genuine Nissan plastic hood letters are fragile and inferior to pot metal hood letters from Nissan or other sources. Nissan plastic hood letters are actually very durable when handled and installed properly. Most of the Datsun 311 roadsters have plastic hood letters and have not been plagued with failure due to weakness. The pins on Nissan plastic hood letters do not break or fail after installation but do break when someone attempts to remove the retainers. Plastic hood letters are good to speeds in excess of 100mph without failure. The best way to install these letters is to use short pieces of vacuum hose. This installation method has worked for many years without failure for many people.

Anyone that sold Nissan plastic hood letters for years and then knowingly says they were defective because they were too fragile should replace them under warranty with their superior parts. It supposes that Nissan plastic hood letters that are currently available should not be purchased but that pot metal letters may be better in the future.

There are existing pot metal hood letters that have broken mounting pins.

Anyway, new genuine Nissan plastic hood letters are now available and original Nissan boxes are available too.

S