Transmission Mounts NOT Chinese - Lifetime Guarantee

Moderators: notoptoy, garth, S Allen

Datsunparts.comInc
Roadster Fanatic

Transmission Mounts NOT Chinese - Lifetime Guarantee

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

We do not make junk.
OUR TRAN MOUNTS MADE EXCLUSIVELY AND ONLY FOR US HERE IN THE US.

www.datsunroadsters.com/1610

www.datsunroadsters.com/1611

www.datsunroadsters.com/2180

www.datsunroadsters.com//1918
Last edited by Datsunparts.comInc on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Datsun Roadster parts with a track record of repeatable sales, proven quality!

cole455
Roadsteraholic

Re: Transmission Mounts NOT Chinese - Lifetime Guarantee

Post by cole455 »

I installed the #1611 mount in my 2000 on Wednesday. Very happy with the fitment and quality of this part!
SPL 311-01617
SRL 311-00042
SPL 311-28701

23yrRebuild
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by 23yrRebuild »

Is there one of these, that could be used with my '67 1600 stroker w/ 5-SPEED transmission with the early/ '67 4-speed transmission bracket I'm currently using ?
Thanks for any input...
Mike
Last edited by 23yrRebuild on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike - '67 Stroker / 5-Speed

notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

The 1611 should work just fine, as long as you are using a correct 5-speed transmission cross member.
Part of converting a 4-speed to 5-speeed is securing the proper cross member.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG

23yrRebuild
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by 23yrRebuild »

I think you're right about that,....but please know, that I'm using the original, EARLY "side bolted" to X-frame type cross member, and I couldn't find anything in my notes, on what I did to make that work, except to lower the cross member, by using the top bolt holes of the cross member, with the bottom holes in the X-frame, as outlined in one of the competition articles, or manuals...and I think I might have modified the holes in the top surface of my 4-speed cross member to mate up to the 5-speed rubber mount....I'm sure that I must be using the 5-speed rubber mount, because I would not want to do any modifying of the tranny case...yikes ...I try to keep notes on any and everything I do, especially mods, but I must have neglected this one....I'm fairly sure a 4-speed rubber mount will not readily fit the 5-speed case...I could be wrong,,,, I don't have bolt centers info available...darn it...
Update : I just remembered, or so I believe, that the bolt centers were the same, but I had to "elongate / or slot" the existing holes of the '67 stock OEM early, 4-speed cross-member, forward, towards the front, another 5/8" ....but at this time, I don't "remember, if I had to enlarge the holes / slot to a larger diameter,...duh....old am I..."the times, they are a changin' " , sorry....
Mike
Mike - '67 Stroker / 5-Speed

notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

If you buy any of the 5 speed mounts, they should bolt up to the transmission, then your only concern should be how it connects to the cross member. If you have already "adjusted" the cross member to work, then any additional adjustment you should need can be done there, no need to mess with the Transmission case. If you have already slotted the holes, my bet is you'll be OK with any of these.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG

cole455
Roadsteraholic

Post by cole455 »

Mike, if you followed the bob sharp comp manual, then you would’ve used the correct 5 speed mount but would’ve been installed on the 4 speed crossmember (lowered 1 bolt hole). So, I’d expect the 1611 mount is a good option for you. I’d like to see pics, I’ve read about the mod but never done it!
SPL 311-01617
SRL 311-00042
SPL 311-28701