Cool License Plates?

General topics.

Moderators: garth, notoptoy, S Allen

User avatar
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Posts: 6507
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:47 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by Gregs672000 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 am

Haven't done it yet, but considered TRNNBRN (TURN N BURN). I heard an air force fighter pilot say that once...
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA

User avatar
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Posts: 3913
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Washington

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by pebbles » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm

^ WARPSPD
David




"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."

User avatar
2mAn
Roadsteraholic
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:02 pm
Location: Inglewood, CA

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by 2mAn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Here in CA you can get repro black plates with up to 7 characters, but I looked and 311 LDY is still available and though I think these repro ones are silly, the actual black plates to get reassigned would cost about 6-7x as much so Im considering it
Simon
Current Cars:
-1986 BMW 325e - pursuit of happiness
-1968 Datsun Roadster 2000 - happiness of pursuit

User avatar
MicVelo
Site Supporter
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:22 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by MicVelo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Wasn't my first choice but I'm OK with it....

Image
MicStable: '68 SRL-311, Z33, SL55 AMG, Highlander-H / Gone: Z34 & Z33 Nismos, Z33-Rdstr, Z33-GT, Z32, Z31 Shiro (R.I.P.), Q45, 6-S30s, D-Prod SRL311 and a bunch of other non-Nissans.

User avatar
Lorna c
Monthly Subscriber-Roadster Enthusiast
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 am
Location: central coast , ,ca

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by Lorna c » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:33 am

MicVelo wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:23 pm
Wasn't my first choice but I'm OK with it....

Image
I've considered strips on my car, what made you choose to ? I'm not sure it'll be ok on flat paint tho .. unless I do a flat stripe ..
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .

User avatar
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Posts: 3913
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Washington

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by pebbles » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Buddy O mine had some leftover aluminum plate from an RV repair.
#NOBONDO
.
D2009F4C-4119-4B02-BBC9-1A10E570EDFA.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David




"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."

User avatar
RBMann
Roadster Fanatic
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:37 pm
Location: Kenmore, WA

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by RBMann » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm

pebbles wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:52 pm
Buddy O mine had some leftover aluminum plate from an RV repair.
#NOBONDO
.
D2009F4C-4119-4B02-BBC9-1A10E570EDFA.jpeg
So, do we need to start calling you Mr. T?
RBMann

mechanic on '69-1600(not mine)

datsit
Roadster Newby
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by datsit » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:39 pm

I have a 1968 Datsun 2000 150 hp all factory / dealer options, second owner since 1984. Since I'm Canadian this works for ME !! DATSIT-EH I've had a few roadsters go through my hand over the years with plate #s SRL 311 SPL 311 Ontario , Canada
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
MicVelo
Site Supporter
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:22 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by MicVelo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 am

Lorna c wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:33 am
MicVelo wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:23 pm
Wasn't my first choice but I'm OK with it....

Image
I've considered strips on my car, what made you choose to ? I'm not sure it'll be ok on flat paint tho .. unless I do a flat stripe ..
It was chosen for me. :D With too many other projects going at the time, went the lazy route when I bought this roadster. Bought it as it stands.

I have mixed feelings about the stripes but all good, love my car either way with/without.
MicStable: '68 SRL-311, Z33, SL55 AMG, Highlander-H / Gone: Z34 & Z33 Nismos, Z33-Rdstr, Z33-GT, Z32, Z31 Shiro (R.I.P.), Q45, 6-S30s, D-Prod SRL311 and a bunch of other non-Nissans.

User avatar
Lorna c
Monthly Subscriber-Roadster Enthusiast
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 am
Location: central coast , ,ca

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by Lorna c » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 pm

MicVelo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 am
Lorna c wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:33 am
MicVelo wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:23 pm
Wasn't my first choice but I'm OK with it....

Image
I've considered strips on my car, what made you choose to ? I'm not sure it'll be ok on flat paint tho .. unless I do a flat stripe ..
It was chosen for me. :D With too many other projects going at the time, went the lazy route when I bought this roadster. Bought it as it stands.

I have mixed feelings about the stripes but all good, love my car either way with/without.
well I jumped on that wagon too . no pictures yet . lol not finished . it's under construction rt now still . I'm trying to figure out what to do ... ooh maybe some input from here ...
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .

Habitat.pat
Roadster Newby
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by Habitat.pat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm

I lucked into getting a set of 1967 plates for my roadster GBN 141. Great Britain NOT 141. Only a roadster owner would understand. The plates are supposed to be white but mine have been sitting in the barn for much too long!

Not a good plate for anyone you like, but I couldn’t pass up photographing the second one. The deer head ball cover is a nice touch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Lorna c
Monthly Subscriber-Roadster Enthusiast
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 am
Location: central coast , ,ca

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by Lorna c » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Habitat.pat wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm
I lucked into getting a set of 1967 plates for my roadster GBN 141. Great Britain NOT 141. Only a roadster owner would understand. The plates are supposed to be white but mine have been sitting in the barn for much too long!

Not a good plate for anyone you like, but I couldn’t pass up photographing the second one. The deer head ball cover is a nice touch
lol funny
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .

User avatar
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Posts: 3913
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Washington

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by pebbles » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:23 pm

RBMann wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm
[quote=pebbles post_id=274940 time=<a href="tel:1524012753">1524012753</a> user_id=2514]
Buddy O mine had some leftover aluminum plate from an RV repair.
#NOBONDO
.
D2009F4C-4119-4B02-BBC9-1A10E570EDFA.jpeg
So, do we need to start calling you Mr. T?
[/quote] .

Been called mr P.
So i sanded the primer and painted it.
1FF7A458-3947-4E11-9F7E-2AA2911E9D39.jpeg
.

Sanded the base coat.
3B4EF0CC-B1B5-4B9F-9A58-D751E4F12DB0.jpeg
.

Applied the decals.
AFA70B06-012D-4D0B-8878-76D90D9E56BC.jpeg
.

Mixed some clear.
2B5CA6D3-28AD-4034-A540-B81FEFF8B002.jpeg
.

Applied 3 coats of clear.
D52D5BC7-3743-415F-A60E-E97A5464EA2A.jpeg
.

Forged sig and installed hardware.
6D97C209-0FBA-4829-9DB7-8CD5BC99FDCE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David




"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."

User avatar
RBMann
Roadster Fanatic
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:37 pm
Location: Kenmore, WA

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by RBMann » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:22 pm

So now you have spares in case you curb one.
RBMann

mechanic on '69-1600(not mine)

User avatar
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Posts: 3913
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Washington

Re: Cool License Plates?

Post by pebbles » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:04 pm

RBMann wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:22 pm
So now you have spares in case you curb one.
My car isnt lowered :wink: Kept 1. Auctioned it at Shedd.
Ted submitted the sig from his jacket, So i gave him one, during the Pandaboy visit. Amazingly he was impressed, he had no idea that i had made these. Keeping a secret from Ted... thats Impressive lol.
David




"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."