Moderators: notoptoy, garth, S Allen
- Roadster Fanatic
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:28 pm
- Location: vancouver, canada
I haven't had any overheating issues with my R20, Champion radiator and Vancouver weather.
In summer, with stop and go traffic, temps would rise a little bit off minimum temps only. Still, in search of efficiencies, I had a look under the hood and realized the huge gaps between the radiator and the stock fan shroud, notably on the top and bottom of the radiator. Its nothing that some extra shrouding can't eliminate.
I fabricated two pieces of house heating duct material. In the first photo, you can see the radiator fins and in the last photo, the fins are covered up.
- Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
- Posts: 1353
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 1:54 pm
- Location: Catoosa Ok.
- Model: 2000
- Year: High Windshield-68-70
1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. 1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable!
- Vendor-Site Supporter
- Posts: 8971
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm
- Location: Winston-Salem, NC and Ocala, FL
67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG