Hot Datsun in Cold Minnesota

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

DGRACING

Hot Datsun in Cold Minnesota

Post by DGRACING »

Hi guys,
Last fall I decided to suprise my girlfriend by taking her out to breakfast. During the meal she said, "wouldnt it be nice to have a little convertible to drive around up here on sunny days". Being typical male, I took this as a problem to be fixed and immediately went to the Sunday Ads and found a convertible in Fargo with a MUST SELL in the ad. 2 hours later and $2000.00 we were driving this cute little red convertible home. On the way, I started to push the sucker a bit and was totally surprised at the handling and snap. By the time we got home I was hopelessly "hooked" on fairladys and it has become on of my favorite pet projects.

Now I'm going a bit overboard and have put race decals and came up with a logo for Dayna and Greg called DG racing. We are ready to have fun now that the snow is gone. I would like to try and put together a couple of rides this summer with other roadster owners here in MN and would appreciate any help in contacting other owners and/or ideas on what to do = poker runs- rallys- etc.

Hooked
dgsig.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeoffM
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Hot Datsun in Cold Minnesota

Post by GeoffM »

Welcome,
You'll find lots of help on these boards.

Cheers,
Geoff
1969 SPL-311
DnCrs13
Roadster Fanatic

Post by DnCrs13 »

Welcome to the group. If you go to the clubs section of the site, you will find that there are quite a few cars in the Midwest. I know Tim Putland is putting together a run in June in the Illinois area. You can find that in the shows and events section of the discussion forum. I just got my first roadster on Saturday and am also looking forward to some nice weather up here. Just as soon as we get rid of all this rain.

Dan
Dan
'64 Impala Sedan
'68 1600
'08 Legacy Spec B.
'12 G25X
'18 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
Dairyland Datsuns
LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Post by LI Roadster »

DGRACING wrote:Hi guys,
Last fall I decided to suprise my girlfriend by taking her out to breakfast. During the meal she said, "wouldnt it be nice to have a little convertible to drive around up here on sunny days". Being typical male, I took this as a problem to be fixed and immediately went to the Sunday Ads and found a convertible in Fargo with a MUST SELL in the ad. 2 hours later and $2000.00 we were driving this cute little red convertible home. On the way, I started to push the sucker a bit and was totally surprised at the handling and snap. By the time we got home I was hopelessly "hooked" on fairladys and it has become on of my favorite pet projects.

Now I'm going a bit overboard and have put race decals and came up with a logo for Dayna and Greg called DG racing. We are ready to have fun now that the snow is gone. I would like to try and put together a couple of rides this summer with other roadster owners here in MN and would appreciate any help in contacting other owners and/or ideas on what to do = poker runs- rallys- etc.

Hooked
dgsig.jpg
welcome to the addiction, and the wealth of information here
what year is the roadster?
1969 2000 Roadster
DGRACING

Post by DGRACING »

67.5 thanks Everyone for the kind welcome. look forward to many hot summer drives
dglogo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Post by LI Roadster »

DGRACING wrote:67.5 thanks Everyone for the kind welcome. look forward to many hot summer drives
dglogo.jpg
you bought a 67.5 for $2000? amazing
1969 2000 Roadster
readymix

Post by readymix »

I'm around the Twin Cities. Not sure I'll be getting mine on the road this summer (maybe not even this year :(). But it's good to see other roadster owners popping up around here.
ppeters914
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

LI Roadster wrote:
DGRACING wrote:67.5 thanks Everyone for the kind welcome. look forward to many hot summer drives
dglogo.jpg
you bought a 67.5 for $2000? amazing
1600 or 2000? If 2000.....OHMYGOD! :shock:
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
fixitman04
Roadsteraholic

Post by fixitman04 »

found it in fargo....how the hell did i miss that one??? anyway welcome! mine is in permanent restoration mode right now....otherwise known as when i have time..
67.5 srl-311-00407 u20
desperately looking for a 67.5 body that is rust free... id settle for any low window tub
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

Good paint hoice, wish I had one...Oh wait I do :D

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Post by RC240z »

Welcome to the club! bring that bad boy out on a track day and have some fun!!

Nothing better than the smell of burning 110 Octane Fuel and a red Racing Roadster at full chat!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ron
67.5 2000, SRL 311 000305 Solex
A race car since new!
Instagram #RC240Z #geoskyalert

check out my blog at www.rcnetworksracing.com