Greetings from the Philippines

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Fairlady_Manila

Greetings from the Philippines

Post by Fairlady_Manila »

Hi everyone!

My name is Joselito Ramos from the Philippines.

I own a Silver 1967 Datsun Fairlady, the only "all original" Datsun Fairlady in the Philippines. Since it is difficult to get original parts for the Fairlady in the Philippines, most of the other owners have swapped their engines to Toyotas and accessories to those that are readily available.

Our family had the Roadster since the early 70s, which was garaged for almost 20 years until my father decided to restore it again. With the help of my older brother, we were able to slowly restore the car to its present condition.

Currently, our family owns two roadsters. A Maroon 1972 MGB and a Black 1962 Triumph TR4.

Our cars (not us, the owners) are members of the Manila Sports Cars Club, whose members are a wide range of vintage, classic sports cars to the newest ones in the market.

I'm currently here in LA for a vacation and took the opportunity to buy some needed parts for the Roadster. I've seen some Fairladys on the road in SF and Glendale. Was hoping to be able to visit the Annual Solvang event but would be going back home after Easter.

Anyway, I'm happy to be part of this group. Hope I can invite the other Fairlady owners from the Philippines to join in.

I'm attaching a picture of our "babies".

Thank you and regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Greetings from the Philippines

Post by S Allen »

Joselito,

Welcome and nice stable of sports car. I gotta say I like the Datsun Sports the best out of all of them. :shock:

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Fairlady_Manila

Reading through the forum, I saw another guy from the Philippines - project_timemachine (1965 SPL311-01867) and I remember meeting him some time back (how could I have forgotten).

I remember being happy to see someone with also original parts on his Fairlady including an R16 engine.

I saw his blogspot on his car http://www.projecttm.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. How I wish we could have done the same with our car. To have the history covered by a blog to share to all enthusiasts. :D

We'll try to make one to cover the life of the roadster as it unfolds. :o
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Welcome. Like Steve said, nice group of cars.
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Fairlady_Manila

Thanks so much Pete :D