getting started

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

speedmullen
Roadster Newby

getting started

Post by speedmullen »

Hey gang!

I wanted to jump in and say hello to the group. I've been here a few times in the past year, but never spent the time to create a profile.

I had my eye on an old Roadster that was somewhat in the family... Well, the year finally came when this old family member decided it was time to sell off all of her old "field junk" and the datsun needed to find a new home.

I jumped at the chance and purchased the car basically sight unseen for $600 bucks. I recall seeing the old car sitting out in her yard about 10 years ago... tires flat, just parked there... I paid another $600 in vehicle towing charges and finally got a chance to visit my Roadster this Christmas while on vacation with family. I'm living overseas in the Middle East but call Tucson Arizona home. My little car now sits covered waiting for the day it can be brought back to life.

My first task is going to be re-titling the car... not much fun in Arizona, but my purchase came without any paperwork (title) ... :?

Once that little task is done, I'm considering a complete rebuild / restoration where I run as many Mazda Miata parts underneath as possible. (engine, trans, diff, etc) the cars have a few pieces in common when looking at measurements and size. save for the mazda being a bit wider and having Indy rear suspension.

To say the least, i'm glad to join the community. While I don't plan on doing anything with my little car for a while, i'll be reading in to hear what y'all are doing and gathering ideas for my future project.
Matt
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: getting started

Post by S Allen »

Hello Matt and welcome to the fray. Good luck with your project and keep us posted on your progress. We always like to read about others projects. A roadster sitting outside in the elements is going to need a lot of work to get her back on the road.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: getting started

Post by ppeters914 »

Welcome. Two members (JFBrink and old skool) have both done Mazda conversions. Reviewing their posts should make it faster and easier for you.

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1211

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=6659
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle