I am a new Roadster Owner

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

tumminello123

I am a new Roadster Owner

Post by tumminello123 »

I decided to buy a 1965 Datsun Roadster for $2800. I paid for it today, but I have no clue how to get it from Abuquerque, NM to Fort Worth, TX since I don't have a truck. Anyone have any cheap ideas? The car also comes with a pickup truck load of extra parts---including a tranny and soft and hard top, extra carbs, etc.. Here are a few pics of the car:

LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Re: I am a new Roadster Owner

Post by LI Roadster »

Nice!!!!

I used autotransportdirect to get my roadster from North Carolina to New York, they were very reasonable and great to deal with
1969 2000 Roadster
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by S Allen »

Welcome! Nice find. I added an "r" to the image tag reduce the size of your images in your post. You can still click on them an open them full size. So instead of it is Image Wish you luck in getting the car transported. Enjoy and ask away.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
waggleboy

Post by waggleboy »

That is so cool. Does it drive? It's hard to believe that the Sports get no respect. If I woulda saw that deal? Idda been all over it.

The parts are a major bonus. I'm finishing a 68' outta 2 and a half cars. If your missing something? List it here. I'm into trading big time.

The Ralley Stripe is the bomb.

Good luck. Send more pic's.

This site is a great place. But check out any local clubs. I've had help from some really nice people hear in the Seattle area. I'm sure there are some diehards in DFW. I was raised down thar with you rednecks...... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wgb1
Roadster Fanatic

Post by wgb1 »

Welcome to forum. Nice to see someone a little closer to home. I am over in Lindale just north of Tyler. About a 2 hour drive from FW. There are many knowledgable and helpful folks here that are a great resource. Be sure to check out all the other things on this site as there is a wealth of info.
tumminello123

Post by tumminello123 »

This site is amazing. I have already downloaded as many manuals as possible and will be reading for days. I have yet to go through all the other sections for input, but I am guessing they are just as good.
waggleboy

Post by waggleboy »

you go Walter.

have we got that logistics prob figured out yet?
waggleboy

Post by waggleboy »

i'd go pick that Sport up for gas money......truck and a trailer.....throw those spare parts were they fit.

Walter can help.

Can't ya?
tumminello123

Post by tumminello123 »

I haven't figured out the logistics yet, but I am thinking that I need to rent a 10ft U-Haul and a trailer. The reason I say that is because I will have an extra 1600 engine already mated to a Datsun transmission (auto tranny), 2 extra doors, extra, hood, extra windshield, extra dual carb unit, and a whole bunch of other miscellaneous stuff I have yet to inventory.

I just figured that would be the easiest way. I will just need to find the time now to do it. That is the biggest roadblock I have. I need to get there and drive back down during a 2 day weekend. I have an airplane, but it does me no good if I don't have someone to fly it back for me. Can anyone here fly a Mooney by chance :) ?
EScanlon

Post by EScanlon »

Fly commercial from DFW to ABQ, then rent the U-Haul / trailer one way.

Might end up being much cheaper than flying your own, renting a parking spot, and having someone fly it back, or the return flight to pick it up....

2¢
E
tumminello123

Post by tumminello123 »

Yeah, I hear Southwest goes there. I may do that. With all those extra parts I could darn near build another one. Crazy. I may sell a couple of those parts too. Not the windshield, but maybe the carbs and doors.
sleepyzzz
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by sleepyzzz »

beautiful car and the price without all the parts was a steal. congrats on your purchase. i agree that flying one way and renting a truck to haul it back would be best if you don't want to pay someone to deliver it to you.

mine was in Michigan, and i flew one way and drove mine back to Arkansas, just a tad over 800 miles.

good luck with your purchase.
1967 SPL1600 sold
2015 Nissan Rogue
2015 Altima

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/sleepyzzz56/roadster/IMG_0252-1-1.jpg
wgb1
Roadster Fanatic

Post by wgb1 »

waggleboy wrote:i'd go pick that Sport up for gas money......truck and a trailer.....throw those spare parts were they fit.

Walter can help.

Can't ya?
Hey, that would be a great little road trip yeah?
tumminello123

Post by tumminello123 »

Are you volunteering to go get it and all the parts for a fee?

I went to uship.com and put in an ad and a whole bunch of companies bid on the job. Great place to get stuff delivered. But, I am always open to other ideas or people that want to take a road trip to NM and back. :D
wgb1
Roadster Fanatic

Post by wgb1 »

tumminello123 wrote:Are you volunteering to go get it and all the parts for a fee?

I went to uship.com and put in an ad and a whole bunch of companies bid on the job. Great place to get stuff delivered. But, I am always open to other ideas or people that want to take a road trip to NM and back. :D
Well....not really volunteering although I would love to make the trip and help you out. Work and other commitments would keep me from doing it right now. My other problem is not having a trailer. I could most likely find one if I had time to make the trip, but hopefully you can find a decent shipper at a reasonable price.