Renewed Roadster life

Here you can introduce yourself to the group.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

st3ph3nm
Roadster Fanatic

Renewed Roadster life

Post by st3ph3nm »

G'day guys,

My name's Steve, I've had my 1968 2000 for about 7 years, and I used to be on the old Autox mailing list years ago. I think I was on this forum, briefly, a few years back, as well.

Anyway, I'm in Melbourne, Victoria (Australia), a member of the Datsun Sports Roadster Club (VIC) and have just completed a complete rebuild of the gearbox and engine. Or rather, I've looked over the shoulder of Lou Mondello, local roadster guru, as *he* did it, and handed him spanners, and spent most of my days off this year cleaning parts. We're just about finished running her in, and I can tell you, this car is just awesome! Where's the best part of these forums to let you guys in on what went on with it? It was a pretty different rebuild, with some big unforseen problems that ended up with clever solutions. Hi to anyone here that I've corresponded with before.

Cheers,
Steve
SR311-01113 U22
windy311
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Renewed Roadster life

Post by windy311 »

Hi
And welcome to the forum.Lou has a well respected reputation for his work and now you know first hand. we need you to post in the members ride section for a story.
Rob
1964 1500 H20 powered 5 speed
1965 1600
Rob.