North West

Here you can put any nice Datsun Sports roads in your area to share with the rest of us.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

stevec
Roadster Nut

Re: North West

Post by stevec »

tputland wrote:Does highway 89 around the southeast part of Lake Tahoe count? (sorry no pics) Or is that not far enough north?
I'd call that "west coast" vs. northwest, but I used to live down there, and that is an awesome drive! :smt023
1966 SPL311 "Miss Moneypenny"
DBarr
Site Supporter

Post by DBarr »

Skate Creek Road connects Packwood (US 12) to SR706 (Southwest Entrance to Mt. Rainier National Park). It is a winding two lane road right along the bank of a beautiful creek. It is closed in the winter but an absolute must!

Google "Skate Creek Rd S, Lewis County, Washington."

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3149/2747 ... z.jpg?zz=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1966, 1600
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

stevec wrote:Snoqualmie Falls is about a mile and a half from my house; I'll see what I can do when the weather gets clearer...

(Which usually happens in July or August! :wink: )

Would be a great place for a DROPS gathering. 60 miles for me via 203.
Maybe Ted will bring his new ____!!
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
stevec
Roadster Nut

Post by stevec »

"DROPS" Datsun Roadster Owners of Puget Sound? Is this an active group?
1966 SPL311 "Miss Moneypenny"
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by garth »

stevec wrote:"DROPS" Datsun Roadster Owners of Puget Sound? Is this an active group?
That question will be answered as soon as you meet it's list meister, Ted Heaton!
Garth
_________
68' 2000
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

stevec wrote:"DROPS" Datsun Roadster Owners of Puget Sound? Is this an active group?
Yes, we're here. I'm not as active as many others but there is great support locally. They just had a big swap meet that was quite successful. Not much we can do here this time of year but hibernate, or as in my case tear the car apart. Snoqualme run would be great this spring! Not far for me either. I have been talking about a eastern side Mt St Helens run for a couple years but my car's been disagreeable. We hope to do one this year... Great road!
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
DBarr
Site Supporter

Post by DBarr »

stevec wrote:Don't forget the canyon road between Ellensburg and Yakima. Not very long, but if you're going that way it's much better than the freeway!
This is an absolute must. Great road to drive; beautiful country!

I also would recommend the Highway 106-101-104 loop around the Hood Canal. Plenty of turns, and great scenery and when you get to the North end you can continue on through some nice farm country to Port Townsend, an old victorian seaport town. Did this last fall, it was a day well spent.
1966, 1600
Kendall124
Site Supporter

Post by Kendall124 »

The morning after the Chelan car show I woke up early, coffee'd up and went exploring while my girl slept. First thing was to gas up at the local pump. A day earlier, a local gave me a tip about a station that sells non-ethanol gas. Filled her up at $4.84 a gallon. Found a wicked road on the north side of the lake that goes up to the Echo Valley ski area. The road is called Cooper Gulch Rd.
Awesome series of turns. I ran it at about 7 in the morning. Made it to the top for a couple of pics then tried it going downhill. So good I ran it a second time. I could not get the rear end of this car to break loose.
Non-ethanol gas smells cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968 SPL-311 SR20DE #18547
"Gentlemen, start your wallets!"
orangedawg
Roadster Fanatic

Post by orangedawg »

There was a car show in Chelan? Do you know who put it on and when? Was it a Datsun show?
Kendall124
Site Supporter

Post by Kendall124 »

No it was a general show and shine put on by the Chelan chamber of commerce. It was this last weekend.
orangedawg
Roadster Fanatic

Post by orangedawg »

Gotcha. I live near there, though I am a horrible roadster owner who every year says this is the year that I will work on my car, and then it just sits in the driveway for yet another year. LOL
Kendall124
Site Supporter

Post by Kendall124 »

The Chelan car club is throwing another in September. Google it. Should give you the info. We're going there too :)
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by garth »

Westside Road in the Okanagan valley between Kelowna and Vernon.

Bill and Ted (and others) had an excellent vacation on it a few weeks ago!
Garth
_________
68' 2000
GeoffM

Post by GeoffM »

I know there are many in the Roadster family familiar with eastern Washington. We're planning a bit of a circle tour and will be in the area in a few weeks. Can anyone recommend cool places (maybe resort-y?) to stay in-around the Spokane area and along the Columbia or even farther west? Is Hwy20 through Kettle falls a nice route to take from Nelson BC down?

Any advice is much appreciated
Geoff
1969 SPL-311
dynaguy

Post by dynaguy »

I'm in eastern Washington, about 90 miles south of Spokane. Alexi is planning a meet in Walla Walla July 13th. It would be great for our friends from the north to make it. My place has been an overnight stop many times for the Turbo Teds adventures. Comfy beds, cold beverages and a shop with lift and tools are available if you are interested. Let me know the expected dates. I can offer many suggestions for fun drives. Pat