My first poor ebay experience

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

My first poor ebay experience

Post by LI Roadster »

I don't want to name names. but I listed a roadster part on ebay. Auction ended Sunday Oct 2nd, I sent the winning bidder an invoice, no RESPONSE, So Tuesday I sent a follow up email asking for payment, as I am going out of town for the rest of the week, and wanted to ship the part out before I left.... NO RESPONSE,
so today I sent another email, saying, if they do not at the very least contact me, I will RELIST or offer second chance to the second highest bidder who was only a dollar less.. NO RESPONSE.

the winning bidder has over 350 feedback, mostly positive, and the last 7 things he has bought have all been roadster parts.

Am I overreacting?
Last edited by LI Roadster on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
1969 2000 Roadster
Fairlady66

Re: My first poor ebay experience

Post by Fairlady66 »

This is very frustrating. I have found that some ebayers do not check their email very often. They make bids and have no idea that they won until the check their email on the weekend or during their once a month visit to the computer. I do not think this is a responsible practice when using eBay. I have had this happen many times, if you put in your auction that payment MUST be mad with in a certain time period or the item will be relisted then you are justified in relisting it after reasonable attempts at contacting the winning bidder.

Good luck.
Nissanman
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Nissanman »

From personal experience, it may be due to an accident or ill health :?
Your choice, but I would give the Buyer the benefit of the doubt for the duration :|
Nissanman, just trying to help.
1965 SP310 Engine No. G-93326 Car No. SP310-10817
https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/60141836519
On the road again!
LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Post by LI Roadster »

Nissanman wrote:From personal experience, it may be due to an accident or ill health :?
Your choice, but I would give the Buyer the benefit of the doubt for the duration :|
duration of what? the auction ended 4 days ago, I sent 3 emails with no response.

I contacted ebay, they reccommend I wait 7 days before relisting. so that is what I'll do.
1969 2000 Roadster
sgriffin
Roadster Fanatic

Post by sgriffin »

Unfortunately not all buyers are the same. Be Patient. Sam
EScanlon

Post by EScanlon »

If your vendor information is up to date in the e-Bay system, then shortly after winning the auction e-Bay will have sent the winning bidder an "invoice" with the S&H you listed added to the winning bid. It would have included your address and expected form of payment.

If the winner was leaving on a business trip, or the like, he could have either mailed you a check or a money order. If he's on the West coast, that may take as long as 4-5 business days to travel depending on whether your address is a rural route or you have a city carrier... which would mean that today Thursday would be the first possible day for delivery. (Times based on experience working at the post office and mailing and receiving items cross country.) If he mailed it out Monday AFTERNOON after purchasing a USPS MO, then Friday would be the first day.

Sometimes people lose their internet connection because their neighbor landscaped and cut the cable going to their house... again 1st hand experience with that one. Other times it's the phone line ... again VOE here. In either case, it's hard to decide to drive to the local library outlet, wait in line to get on a computer and then try to get your e-mail from your ISP... which is a big DON'T according to most IT folks. You know, passwords and accounts and all those thing-ama-bobs.

Bottom line is to give the guy a break, while it is possible that the guy is a flake, the fact that he has 350 feedbacks and presumably good feedback speaks to his NOT being one.

2¢
E
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

just let the winning bidder know that you will be away for a specific period of time and cannot send the parts till you get back.
LI Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Post by LI Roadster »

so I filed a claim with ebay, as a non paying winning bidder and wouldn'y ya know it, next day I had money in paypal account.. End of story
1969 2000 Roadster
pete240z
Roadster Nut

Post by pete240z »

My ebay experiences?

Datsun Parts
Roadster guys: Awesome, 100 items sold without a problem.
240Z guys: Awesome, 100 items sold without a problem.

Non-Datsun parts
1 out of 3 flake out and are not worth the $10 I make.
1966 1600 SPL311 05969 Sold

1968 2000 SRL311 05274 Sold on ebay so others may live!

1971 Datsun 240Z HLS30-26832 Ditto