Skyline Drive Virginia

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

FairladySPL
Roadsteraholic

Skyline Drive Virginia

Post by FairladySPL »

Owners brought a dozen Roadsters for a nice cruise from the suburbs southwest of Washington, DC westbound to the Shenandoah Valley.

Capping the trip was a picnic at the top of Skyline Drive. Higher altitude meant more fog on already overcast day, but hey so what, a good time had by all.

Don't make fun of our mountains please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--Paul / Annapolis
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Re: Skyline Drive Virginia

Post by spl310 »

That happened in 83? Damn, I wish I would have known, I would have come along. I lived in Alexandria at the time and owned a 67 1600...
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
FairladySPL
Roadsteraholic

Post by FairladySPL »

There's no date on the back of the snapshots, but based on what car I was in and who I was with I am guessing 83 or 84.

The next year we congregated for a multi-marque show at Crofton Country Club in Maryland. We had so many Roadsters they had to create another, unplanned category for us for judging. Event organizers at first were going to lump us in with British sports cars, or else the Nissan Zs, but then came up with the equivalent of "other," and found a few more plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place awards.

I should dig up a few of those shots and post them too.

Meantime here are a couple more from Skyline Drive. If you really squint and imagine you're up around Mt. Shasta altitudes ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--Paul / Annapolis
FairladySPL
Roadsteraholic

Post by FairladySPL »

The next year we congregated for a multi-marque show at Crofton Country Club in Maryland. We had so many Roadsters they had to create another, unplanned category for us for judging. Event organizers at first were going to lump us in with British sports cars, or else the Nissan Zs, but then came up with the equivalent of "other," and found a few more plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place awards.
--Paul / Annapolis