NW Camp-Out in McMinnville ,OR

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Fish 311

NW Camp-Out in McMinnville ,OR

Post by Fish 311 »

I went last year and had a blast. Of course I was the only Roadster there. That's O.K. the Porsche groups have great respect for the 2000's. You guys in your roadster used to give them a strong fight back in the day and for a lot less money :lol:

Gary Emory owns the land and has invited me and any other roadster to attend. This is a link talking about the camp-out, very fun and would enjoy more Datsuns around my camp site. Last year I hung out with the VW bus guys (hey stay separate from the bug guys, don't know why) and the Porsche 912 guys.

Gregg

http://www.partsobsolete.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=29
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Re: NW Camp-Out in McMinnville ,OR

Post by DatsunBucky »

Fish 311 wrote:...the Porsche groups have great respect for the 2000's. You guys in your roadster used to give them a strong fight back in the day and for a lot less money :lol:
FWIW, "back in the day" of SCCSCC, my 1600 was in the same "Prodified" class with the 356 Porsches and I don't recall ever being beat by one. An Alfa Spyder, a 1275cc Bug-Eye Sprite and 1500cc Spitfires were more of a problem, though.

Yes Will, Porsches are tasty. :D
Bucky
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Too bad there isn't a Datsun Campout. That would be a fun event.

Linda
68 1600
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
Fish 311

Post by Fish 311 »

Sorry about excluding the 1600. I'm a 1600 guy too and had no idea they were contenders. I thought the 2000's were the bad asses :wink:

My friend and I put our cars on the scale and his 69 912 weighed 2400 pounds with him in it so about 2200 pounds dry. And to both our surprise, my 1600 weighed 2200 pounds minus me (172 lbs) and you have around 2028 pounds dry. Not to shabbing.

Linda, it would be cool to start several regional camp-outs.

Gregg