Turn signals (or lack their of)

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Turn signals (or lack their of)

Post by SLOroadster »

Both my turn signals died on me yesterday. :roll: The indicator lights don't light up, absolutly nothing. They worked at one stop light when I went to make a right turn at the next one, they didn't. I have check all the conections (and cleaned them) that I can find under the dash and all the ones under the hood. I also checked my fuses, and they all look good. The lights all work when the headlights are on (they just don't flash when they should). Any ideas? Where do I find my turn signal relay? Are they roadster specific or will one for a 240z work?
Thanks and Happy New Year,

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!

Post by Guest »

The diagrams for the electrical components are in the link below....I hope this helps with your problem!

http://webpages.csus.edu/~sandhoff/fich ... trical.PDF

Take care!

Jorge
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Will,

Sounds like the relay gave up the ghost. It is a small metal can (usually) with 3 wires going to it iirc. They are not Roadster specific. I am not sure exactly where it is located on the high windshield cars, but it is under the dash on the driver's side somewhere...

Best of luck!
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Signals

Post by SLOroadster »

Sid,
Thanks, I pretty nuch came th the same conclusion. I think I found the relay, but it looks like there might be 2 of them Both with 2 wires going in. I guess I'll try to get some new ones tomorrow.

Thanks, and have a Happy New Year

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Revbang

Post by Revbang »

Will, Post where you got the turnsignal parts, if it worked, and any other details. I had the same thing happen last fall and want to fix it in the spring. Thanks, Mark
NiceGuyInSanJose
Roadster Nut

Flasher Units...

Post by NiceGuyInSanJose »

On the high window cars, the flasher units are located at the top of the kick panel on the driver's side. There are 2 of them, one is for the turn signals and the other is for the emergency flashers.

If the emergency flashers are working, you should be able to tell which is which, because there is a noticable "clunk" in the flasher as it flashes...

Good Luck.
Scott
SRL311-01437
1962 Nissan Patrol
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Found it

Post by SLOroadster »

The relay was good. The colum switch was the problem. I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and put it back together, it seems to work now. I looked at new ones from Ralley and they are big $$$. I hope that it will continue to work.