Changing Speedometer

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Changing Speedometer

Post by Guest »

Howdy, All...

I bought a '68 2000 a couple months ago, and have been reading diligently, but this is my first post.

My speedometer was dead when I got the car and I just received a new, used unit from Rallye, but...

The new unit doesn't have the cable & knob for resetting the trip odometer and I can't figure out how to remove the current cable from the old speedo while laying on my back under the dash with my feet up over the rollbar.. and the droplight resting against my nose...

Can anyone offer advice?

And... as a second topic... I registered a couple of weeks ago (NiceGuyInSanJose), but when I try to log in, the system says I am inactive... Again... can anyone help?

Thanks,

Scott
New owner of SRL311-01437
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Speedo & Login

Post by S Allen »

I will leave the speedo question for some of the other high windshield folks. Low windshields I know pretty well but am a little fuzzy on the later models. I should be able to help you with the login problem. I will take a look at it right away.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
NiceGuyInSanJose
Roadster Nut

Solved my Own problem....

Post by NiceGuyInSanJose »

Seems that if you rotate the odometer reset knob, while laying on your back under the dash, it rotates the connection on the back of the speedometer and there is a very tiny set screw that holds the cable in place.

Now, I hope I can get that screw back in....
Scott
SRL311-01437
1962 Nissan Patrol
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Login problems

Post by Ldino21 »

Steve it seems that if you do not have your computer set to automatically log you in when you try to reply to someone it asks for a username like you are not logged in.

I recently cleaned up my cookies and this was happening to me, once I set it to automatically log me in, the problem went away.

Lou Smaldino