EBAY SELLER nsilva65

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

caraddict
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

EBAY SELLER nsilva65

Post by caraddict »

Just a warning to anybody thinking about buying from nsilva65. (Also known as Noemi Silva, Patricia Silva, Henry Silva and Joe Silva) I bought and paid these guys for a roadster part, item number 320144029606 back in August of 2007 and got a steady stream of excuses...ie Fed-ex lost the part, I have another one and will ship it soon, I will refund your money etc. October finally got here and of course no part or refund so I gave him his final option of refunding my money or risk potential bad feedback. After getting ignored for another week I finally pulled the trigger regarding his feedback (The first negative feedback I have given in over 6 years and 650 transactions!) so now of course he has retaliated and given the same to me. (Also the first negative feedback that I have received in 6 years and 650 transactions) Naturally he states that he gave my money back (what a surprise to learn a thief is also a liar) so I am dealing with ebay and paypal directly but wanted everybody to be careful because he has several auctions ending soon. The sad part is that he has a history of starting and abusing new ebay accounts until he has eventually stolen from enough people that ebay finally kicks him off. His other ebay user ID's were "corebuyer40" and "theshop62" and like I said, those accounts were suspended for unethical practice so he is now using the name "nsilva65".

Sure wish I would have had this information before he tagged me but at least you guys have it now so be careful.

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach Ca
Fairlady66

Post by Fairlady66 »

Thanks for the heads up! I reconditioned a BMW 735i a few years back and had this happen to me. I did notify the fraud division of eBay and because it was a guy from out of state I contact the local law enforcement of that county and state. I found that all county law enforcement agencies now have an Internet fraud division. So I contact them and filed a report, it turned out that I was not the first for this guy, the case was turned over to the State Police in Virginia. They told me that fraud crossing state lines is a felony. I never got my money back, no bad feed back, only the satisfaction of knowing this guy got nailed. If you got back feed back you usually can counter it. Don't let up on this guy or someone else might get burned as well.
Good Luck.

~Chris
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Seems that if someone said they gave your money back but it did not go thru Paypal then it never happened. So your neg feedback should be reversed.
I almost bought something from the guy recently. Thanks for the warning.

Linda
caraddict

Post by caraddict »

I sure wish getting it removed were that easy? According to the "ebay police" the only way that feedback can be removed is if the person who left it used profanity or gave sensitive information. (Like your phone number or home address.) According to ebay, "lies are perfectly acceptable even if you can prove they are lies because they regard feedback as only an opinion". (Yet, we are supposed to trust these "opinions" as a rating system to make decisions regarding where or with whom we spend our hard earned dollars?) Great system.... Sure glad the major credit reporting agencies don't work that way. I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out these sewer rats but this guy caught me with my gaurd down by playing the "my son is in the hospital with kidney problems" card. Normally, even that wouldn't have been enough to catch me flat footed but halfway through his line of crap he reminded me that I gave him (YES, GAVE HIM FOR FREE) a windshield for a low window car about five years ago so I never dreamed he would stiff me for a lousy $34.00. (Like Mom used to say...for some people, the closest they come to class are the ones they failed in high school!) The good news is that he only lives about 50 miles away and in the course of 5 years our paths have already crossed twice so it's only a matter of time before those paths cross again............ And that my Roadster friends is going to be a very good day! :smt077

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach Ca
Roadster lover and enlightened Ebay user
caraddict

Post by caraddict »

Just a heads up to let everybody know this guy has managed to change his ebay name yet again? His new ebay user name is "sushihouse65" which put's him at a total of 4 names in three years. Sure wish ebay would put half as much effort into keeping these sewer rats in line as they do collecting our money. Starting to see why so many people call it "evilbay".

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach Ca
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

Here's a fun one, I was a PowerSeller for a while, couple big transactions in a short period of time put me into the sales $$ range. So I got all kinds of info sent to me, access to all kinds of selling tools etc.

You can pay Ebay to have bad feedback removed!!!!!! And the more you sell, I think the cheaper it is. Don't know if it's still the policy. I still have my PowerSeller certificate on the refrigerator, the kid gets to hang stuff up, so I should too!

If I deal with anyone acting strangly, I will not leave them feedback until they leave it for me. I left bad feedback for a good seller by mistake, could not remove it, we had to mutually withdraw.

The last time I got bogus bad feedback, the seller refused to withdraw it So I told them one last chance to play nice. They refused again. Started hourly email barrages, asking questions on all their auctions, filing complaints on their auctions, threatened to buy stuff just so I could leave negative feedback...5 days later, feedback was withdrawn. Month later, seller name was gone. No need to play nice with slime.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

You are entitled to their phone number if you win and auction. Call the number. If it is bogus then report them to Ebay. They will remove the person's account. You will be able to leave negative feedback but they will not be able to retaliate because their account is frozen. Usually the scumbags use bogus phone numbers because Ebay notices when the suspended account phone number gets used on a new account a few days later. You don't get your money back but you get the satisfaction of kiscing someone out.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!