Ebay Seller REDDAT

You can let the rest of us know about a bad or a good experience you had. Please stick to the facts and keep your emotions/feelings in check regarding shame. This is a sensitive topic and will be monitored.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

datsunrides
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Ebay Seller REDDAT

Post by datsunrides »

He is, for the most part, a re-seller. Chances are if he is selling it, you can go to your local Nissan dealer and order it yourself, saving the markup and inflated shipping.

Mark
1966 Roadster
Turbo / EFI U20 (T25 w/ SDS EMU.)
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

datsunrides wrote:He is, for the most part, a re-seller. Chances are if he is selling it, you can go to your local Nissan dealer and order it yourself, saving the markup and inflated shipping.

Mark
Second that, many people are making a good living marking up easily available parts because people don't want to do the research themselves.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
alp
Roadster Fanatic

Post by alp »

really surprising how many people don't realiuze that some of these parts are still available from the dealers in Canada. The list of stuff is drying up but it is easy to check into.
ZeroNilNada
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ZeroNilNada »

I have noticed that lately his shipping costs have been posted and they don't seem to be too out of bed. But, I will still avoid this seller in the future. Just too much uncertainty.
1966 SPL311 02870
BarryC

Post by BarryC »

Almost 4 years later and he is still selling the very same items with the very same description. Buyer Beware!
Bazzman

'69 Datsun 2000 SR311-05066 Solex's (Sold March 2022)
‘67 Datsun 1600 SP311-02156 (Bought September 2022)
'05 Mazda MX5 Limited Edition #1677 of 3500
'03 Subaru Liberty Heritage
tjp
Site Supporter

Post by tjp »

Totally a re-seller. I asked him what the brand name was on an item he has listed as "NOS" (the packaging was not Nissan). His reply was that "he wasn't sure". I then asked him what was stamped on the body of the part. He replied "he can't put his hands on it as it takes him a couple days to get the part". Pretty sleazy IMHO
My junk pile:
71 Jeep Gladiator. Restored w/#s matching engine. My WeeBeasty
70 1600 legit 2nd owner. Stroked and bored
Several salvaged w access to a barn full of parts, part cars & whole cars
......What's in the barn is for sale. What do you need?
S Allen
Site Admin

Post by S Allen »

Still up to the SOS. I forgot all about this post regarding him and his inability to be honest with parts he is posting. I was looking for a rear wheel cylinder for my 72 240Z. He had one listed as new old stock with a picture of the correct wheel cylinder sitting by a Nissan box. I ordered it and it was not cheap mind you. It arrives and wheel cylinder is an after market part that is either a Centric or a Dorman you can buy for a third of what he charged me. And the brake line connection is not correct on any of them. I filed a complaint with Ebay that what he had posted and what I got were two totally different parts. REDDAT said send the part back and he will refund me. The sleaze bag kept the shipping cost and already re-listed the part with the very same description. I cannot believe Ebay would not be watching this guy but he will continue doing what he is doing until someone complains loud enough. His feedback is a lot higher than it should be. I have yet to leave him feedback as I am still pissed off about the whole transaction.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
datsunrides

Post by datsunrides »

Yeah, something similar happened to me recently on a rear window seal for my truck. Listed as NOS and knowing his history I sent a message to him asking him to confirm the listed seal was in fact Nissan and not one of those Taiwan re-pops, as I already had one of those. Long story short he send me a Taiwan re-pop that cost $20 (any took 4 weeks to get) and he marks it up to over $100. Got my money AND shipping back but makes you wonder how many get the wool pulled over their eyes by this guy. It seems he just rolls the dice to see who will call him on his stuff, and if they do, he refunds the money to keep his rating high.

Mark
1966 Roadster
Turbo / EFI U20 (T25 w/ SDS EMU.)
tjp
Site Supporter

Post by tjp »

S Allen wrote:The sleaze bag kept the shipping cost
You should get all your money back Steve. Did you file a claim with evilbay? If not, do that, and you will get a full refund from either paypal or ebay. And make sure you leave negative feedback. Regardless of whether or not you get all your money back or not.
tim
My junk pile:
71 Jeep Gladiator. Restored w/#s matching engine. My WeeBeasty
70 1600 legit 2nd owner. Stroked and bored
Several salvaged w access to a barn full of parts, part cars & whole cars
......What's in the barn is for sale. What do you need?
S Allen
Site Admin

Post by S Allen »

Yeah, I filed a complaint with Ebay and he said I could return the item and he would refund my money. When he got the item he offered a refund for the item less shipping. At the point I was at(mad as hell) I took the money and ran. I did not fight for the shipping cost. Going to leave him negative feedback right now. I hate doing that but he definitely deserves it. I can say with conviction I will never buy from him again.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

Unfortunately, unless there has been a change, if you are a high volume seller Ebay lets you buy back your bad feedback. I had a few months where my selling volume went way high and jumped to some sales level on Ebay. I got the package of services including buying back bad and neutral feedback. I prefer to use Paypal to go after sellers, same company but different policy. They have been great in the past including covering the return shipping. Just in case there's any shenanigans I pay Paypal with Amex, who will go after Paypal if needed, and have it linked to an almost empty bank account.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
zippy67roadster

Post by zippy67roadster »

I too bought the front end hub covers and they were too small. I tracked down the part number and found they were for the early Z cars. I Know he buys up a lot of Datsun parts from dealers and I think he just doesn't take the time to verify what they fit. As for freeze plugs I just buy a box of 10 of each size I need from Dorman, problem solved and much cheaper.
1967 Datsun SPL311-08935-vintage race car
1967 Datsun SPL311-10123 project
1967 Datsun 411 wagon
67.5 SPL311 Vintage Race car project
64 NL320 Pickup Truck
Brian
http://www.sincitydatsuns.com
https://www.facebook.com/sincitydatsuns