Fender Replacements

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Fender Replacements

Post by DatsunBucky »

I am getting to the point in my roadster rebuild that I need to do something about the front fenders. I know that Japco has fiberglass replacements. Any other vendors any of you know about? If I need to cut up fenders for tire clearance, I'd just as soon do it with replacements rather than the factory pieces.

Speaking specifically of the Japco fenders, do they come predrilled for the mounting bolts? Are they really just a bolt-on? Or do they require a bit of work to get on the car?

Thanks for the help. This is a wonderful source of information to tap. So many enthusiasts with different backgrounds from all over the world. Literally.

And on a slightly gray-area note, anyone know how much it would cost to ship an H25 from Oz to Utah? :twisted: With a 5-speed?

Like my son says about racing; "There are cheaters and there are losers." Just to reiterate, looking at the outside of the engine, it's hard to tell the H25 from the R16, right? heh, heh, heh. E Prepared, here I come!
Bucky
dat68s
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

H25

Post by dat68s »

Hey Bucky,

When I find out more about the H25 I'll let you know, but I am too thinking of powering my Roadster with a H25. I think it would be cool, epsecially since it would look so very, very standard :lol:

Cheers,
Stuart
dat68s
Roadster Fanatic

fenders

Post by dat68s »

Oh, I almost forgot, I found a place here in Oz that lists replacement fenders for the Roadsters too... again don't know about shipping to the US, but the web-site is here: http://www.fibremaster.com.au/nissan.htm

Don't forget we call 'em "guards"...

Stuart
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Post by DatsunBucky »

Thanks, Stuart. I've always loved the idea of the "Q Ships" from WW2. I've tried to be just the exact opposite of the "ricer" craze, in other words, look slow, go fast. :wink: Old car, goes like the clappers. A lot better than some new Honda with body kit, wing, wheels, paint, and nothing more than intake and exhaust, maybe a chip. Ask Will Campbell about looking for rice-boys... :twisted:

If you should come across any numbers on shipping, either exact or approximate, you can reply here or send me an e-mail through the board. This sounds like something I would be really interested in.

Cheers right back atcha, mate!
Bucky
dat68s
Roadster Fanatic

Good one!

Post by dat68s »

Hey Bucky,

I will be sure to keep you posted. I also have a mate that used to work for a freight company and he still has contacts so I can get an idea of cost for you. I am not having much luck at the moment though finding H25's though??? H20's no problems!
Stuart
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Trolling for Rice......

Post by SLOroadster »

Lately I have been bored and have been seen trolling for rice-burners. They all seem to run and hide for some reason. I haven't found anyone who will bite (this is most likely a good thing. The roadster claimed its first speeding ticket victim yesterday, it wasn't me. The funny thing is that the guy took the ticket with a smile.) On that note, perhaps I shouldn't let my friend who has picked up 3 tickets in the last 6 months drive it.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
S Allen
Site Admin

RE:Japco Fenders

Post by S Allen »

I used a Japco hood on the race car. It basically comes as a blank and was not meant to be bolted on. I used hood pins anyways. I would bet that the fenders do not come pre-drilled and would require some fitting here and there to look good. I am waiting to see what Stuart comes up with for estimated shipping costs from downunder. And I agree an H25 would be pretty cool indeed even normally aspirated.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth