Its back! More issues....

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Its back! More issues....

Post by SLOroadster »

After exactly 3 months and roughly $3000 in parts, I got the car back. However things are not all good under or around the hood. The list of replaced parts is large. The upper and lower A-arms on the driverside were replaced, ball joints, the tie-rod, A-arm spindles, hub and spindle, brake rotor, steering box, and the fender. I'm still waiting for a new airdam, no one had one in stock.

With all of that redone, I should be good to go; or not. It appears that the lower ball joint on the passenger side also got damaged as well as the idler box. The lower ball joint is so bad that it looked like it was going to fall apart when the front end was lifted durring the alignment job. I don't think insurance is going to buy me new (or better ones) however. These parts were tired before, but they wern't dead. I also found an unhealthy noise from somwhere in the back end that seems to come and go, its getting worse however. I checked the diff, its full of fluid but wasn't able to pull the rear brake drums off to check to see if there was something in one of them.

On top of that, I was just informed that I need to find a new place to live, my landlady is tired of having an old car in her driveway or garage (since I now have 2.) It appears that the good luck of being given the Alfa seems to have turned into bad.

In hindsight, I really, really wish that kid had never taken his mothers car for a joy ride.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!