Get out there and drive!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Get out there and drive!

Post by Dave »

Come on New England roadster owners, there's no excuse! It's mid December and it's 60 degrees and sunny clear up in New Hampshire! Maybe this global warming thing aint so bad afterall :roll:. Last year I had the car stored by October.

I had to dash out to one of our local dealerships today to look at a truck and decided to take the roadster. It's a nice 10 mile drive each way, along backroads. What a rush!

OK, no real point to the story, just felt like sharing how excited I am to be able to still drive the car just a week away from winter.
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

I know how you feel!!

Its great to drive a roadster compared to a everday car. Its just more funner and different!!
deo59

Post by deo59 »

I tried but all those parts wouldn't fit in the back of the pickup! I hate when my roadster is in pieces.
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

I wanna take the roadster out so bad. But Id have to buy some stuff for it before I could, and "i aint got no money" :x
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Import_sounds-of-mid-GA wrote:I wanna take the roadster out so bad. But Id have to buy some stuff for it before I could, and "i aint got no money" :x
Drop the price on your bimmer. Firesale that puppy! 8)
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

actually, sale pending for $1100. The guy said he will have the money latest tuesday, but most likely monday.
Tim
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Get out there and drive

Post by Tim »

Hi Dave,

Put my car away last week, had to,-- got snow here and the roads are white with salt. The weather as you have so aptly pointed out has been between 50 and 60 degrees. But I just don't have the desire to subject gthe car to all the salt- dropped my insurance back to just comprehensive. Probably off the street until next easter unless we get quite a few heavy rains to wash off the strreet salt

Tim in Akron
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

I hear ya, Tim. That's my plan too. After the first snow where the salt trucks come out, the roadster goes into the garage until after a number of good hard spring rains.
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

This morning finished bleeding the brakes, new tires and new used wheels and a fresh rebuild of the carburetor. Also took off the Konis and put in a set of KYB GR2's.

50 some degrees today and warmer tomorrow, so out I go for a test ride.

For the first time, the car is running right, brakes work and I have safe tires. No better time to excercise the car a bit.
I had never really stepped on the gas and let the motor wind out before, too many safety issues. Well, I did it today.

WOW There are still a bunch of people on the Garden State Parkway wondering what all that noise was and what flew by. I didn't even get it over 6000 rpm, Totally nuts. One more bad noise to find and off to break traffic laws some more.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit