Any blacked out roadsters?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Is that primer or paint? It does look kind of bad...I think you have upped your odds of it getting taken for a joyride :)

Linda
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

its photoshopped. But it will be primer. Still not ready for paint :?

haha, if someones gonna take it for a joyride... nvm, they wont get past trying :D
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Okay, this might not be a roadster thing, but it is along the lines of the flat black thing. My dad has ben working on his '37 Olds coupe forever, like 15+ years now. Anyway, he is at the paint stage. He is going for a kind of a rat rod look. Primer red body and primer black fenders. But the primer just didn't look smooth enough,I guess he wanted matte, but not totally flat. So he sanded it. Now the red looked fine, but when he sanded the black primer he couldn't get it to look even, said he had lots of light grey streaks. So, he painted the black in a single stage black, and is now sanding it down with 600 wet/dry to get the right amount of matte. He might go up to as much as 1000, but he'll never buff it out. Ah, to be retired.

I think he may be sniffing to many fumes, but he's as happy as a greased pig in poop. I can't wait to see the finish product myself. Just thought I'd share.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012