Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Tim
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Car is running-headlight/turn signal problem

Post by Tim »

Hi gentlemen-
Just un update here. I acutally got my car running. To fix the clutch problem I had to pull the engine. Turns out my brand new clutch had a warped pressure plate. It would not disengage from the disc. New clutch kit fixed that problem. My car was getting stuck in reverse. PO had transmission work done on the car prior to my owning it and never replaced the roll pin on the reverse fork. While I was at that, replaced all needed part in the tramsmission. So far it seems to work just fine. I actually can drive it. Will be sending in pictures soon.

Now for my latest problem. All my lights do not work. Replaced the fuse in glove box. They all worked except for the turn signals. Shut off car, had dinner, came out and none of the lights worked. Checked all the bulbs and they appear fine (1157s). I know they were working because they all came on. But the turn signals would not blink (came on though). Where do I look next- Tim-thanks for prior help
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Headlight/Turn Signal Problem

Post by S Allen »

Tim,

Glad to hear you are making progress on your car. Did you check the fuse again after the lights quit working? Is it blown? If so, you most likely have a short or something hooked up incorrectly. Poor grounds cause most problems. I would start pulling the connections to all the lights one at a time. Clean the connection and use die-electric grease on them before reconnecting. You can get the die-electric grease at any NAPA store. Spending a little time cleaning things up an reconnecting cannot hurt. Good luck and post some pictures.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

I'm with Steve on the grounds. Being that the engine was just removed and put back in, could one or more ground wires have been left unconnected?. You can use a set of jumper cables for a quick test, Neg of battery to body/frame near the component not working.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit