Hm... these things come outa no where!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

67 1/2 1600

Hm... these things come outa no where!

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

I was out in Santa Ana today at my sisters work picking up a axle for a buddys car when my cousin PO of my roadster asked about my car. So we talked and he happened to tell me he saw one down the street! So I asked him for directions and I headed to check it out thinking it would be something interesting.....

Oh it was a sad site to see! This poor thing was abused to the max it was all bent and dented everywhere, bondo all over it was horrible! It was in the street in front of a shop so I asked them whos whas it and if it was for sale and surely enough it is for sale. He said the owner wants $3000!! for a beat up hunk and I laughed. He told me it was a 65 but I beleive its a 69 2000. I said hm if it has a U20 with solexes I may buy this thing. I opened the hood and behold a H20! Go figure! Again the guy that worked there at the shop said it was original which was not. Wish I could save the poor thing! The tags were up to date, and the guy said the owner drove it around like that all beat(real pride!) It has average interior, exterior needs major work! Just thought id share with the forum a little story!

Sad site!
Bent up front
H20!!

Who knows I may end up with another roadster this time a real beat one....... :lol:
project_timemachine
Roadster Fanatic

Post by project_timemachine »

It's always sad to see a neglected roadster :( It needs a new home!!!
Steven
'65 Fairlady Racer

"Life is like a box of used Datsun parts, you'll never know what you're gonna get..."

http://www.projecttm.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/stevenflor
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

I want to reach into my monitor, grab that bumper and bend it up into shape!! Can't stand that!
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

Victor_laury wrote:I want to reach into my monitor, grab that bumper and bend it up into shape!! Can't stand that!
haha, i want to grad my scraper and take all that clear coat off.
Brad Lustig
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Brad Lustig »

Victor_laury wrote:I want to reach into my monitor, grab that bumper and bend it up into shape!! Can't stand that!
Want to come to my house and bend mine back into shape? While you're at it, feel free to get the carbs in order and work on the hydraulics :wink:
1968 Datsun 2000
1948 Dodge Custom 4door