New Girl on the block

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Poisyn

New Girl on the block

Post by Poisyn »

I am so hyper right now after 6 years I was able to find another lady to love. My first one broke my heart when I was forced to drive her to texas before I had been able to make sure she was sound, and she returned the show of love by allowing her thermastat to freeze up and blew her stack all over the windshield. That sweet Lady was a 62.5 with the 3rd seat and the end of my affair with mustangs

This one appears to be a 69 1600 from what I can tell on the body & dash style except I think someone put left and right fenders one her that belonged to a 70 2000 at some point. the dash looks like the one below (no pix yet soon though)

http://www.datsun.org/roadster/info/mod ... 0_dash.gif

btw the knobs on the far left hand side I have the one on the bottom broken off under the ww I think, 1st- what is it and and any help in how to replace it would be welcome.

The only problem she seems to have is her battery wont stay charged, but I have not had time yet to look at her from how she is acting I am figuring its leaning more towards needing an alt/gen then just a new battery due to bad cell. she has some rusty spots nothing to major, but it appears that she was kept-up but not with the greatest care to attention

I will try to get some pixs soon, I bought her 6/2/06 and then I stayed up all night looking for info and all cause I was babysitting till about 30 mins ago, so couldn't spend time with her. I could not sleep all night and when I did I drempt I replaced the dash and console with redwood and had custom speaker boxes made with it as well. my husband says I am obsessing, I think I am just configurating. *grins
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Good to hear you have another roadster! What ended up happening with your 63? Fill is in on your roadster history!
Poisyn

Post by Poisyn »

I had to have her towed and stored while I got a ticket to Texas (family emergency), I asked my husband to call and make arragments to have the car hauled home he said he would, I later found out after I got home and called about the car he had approved the selling of the car, (he didn't want to pay to have her hauled and I had just purchased her and he figured we would just buy another one.) and they sent him the cashier check for her, I got my money but I lost my baby and kicked a husband to the curb.
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Aint nothing like that roadster admiration! Good to hear you bought another one to recompensate your loss. It would have been cool if you still had the other one though.... :(.

Post pics when you get a chance of your new aquisition.