Sports Car Market Magazine...

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

PnHi

Sports Car Market Magazine...

Post by PnHi »

...finally comes of age!
Having sold my 69 1600 to pay for the paint job on my european roadster in 1997, I subscribed to this outstanding publication. In the nine years I have been getting it I have only seen one Datsun Roadster in their auction reviews. It seemed like they were intentionally ignoring the FairLady while gushing about the British and Italian roadsters of the same period. I just received this months copy and page 28 starts a full review of the "1966-70 Datsun 1600/2000 Sports". A very positive review of your cars from a magazine that usually leans towards exotics like Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini's. My car looked very much like the one in the magazine...down to the wire wheels.
I joined this site several months ago and still have Datsun Roadsters Ebay bookmarked and visit both often. I really miss my 1600.

Mike C
Aberdeen MD
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

There is no better time than the present to get another roadster.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

That seems pretty true. There seems to be alot on the market right now.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
PnHi

Post by PnHi »

This is how the author ends the piece.
" Roadsters are appreciating modestly, but they're still a great deal. Let this be an official"undervalued alert" as a good Datsun Roadster is absurdly cheap for the fun that it represents."

Two of the highlighted recent auction sales were a 1960 Austin-Healy 3000 @ $135,000 and a 1963 TR4 @ $97,200.
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Link to said article below.

http://tinyurl.com/sx4vb
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

Careful, you're in Maryland, close to one of the "Roadster Pushers". The ebay bookmark is an early warning sign. Next, an innocent email. If you don't want one, run now. Otherwise, it's inevitable.

Just kidding, No regrets here, just not enough garage space for the next one, whenever that arrives.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
project_timemachine
Roadster Fanatic

Post by project_timemachine »

That's a nice article about the roadster. Mike, any plans of buying another roadster soon? I hope so!!! :D

Roadster + Sunny Day + Open Road = Sweet! 8)

I can't wait to drive tomorrow!
Steven
'65 Fairlady Racer

"Life is like a box of used Datsun parts, you'll never know what you're gonna get..."

http://www.projecttm.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/stevenflor
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
PnHi

Post by PnHi »

dbrick wrote:Careful, you're in Maryland, close to one of the "Roadster Pushers". The ebay bookmark is an early warning sign. Next, an innocent email. If you don't want one, run now. Otherwise, it's inevitable.

Just kidding, No regrets here, just not enough garage space for the next one, whenever that arrives.
Quick story...bought my 1600 while working in Albany NY in 1990. Saw only one other roadster (Black 2000) in Columbia MD during the first seven years of ownership. Came across a deal I couldn't pass up on a 1968 Mercedes SL and decided to sell the Roadster. Said "Roadster Pusher" answered my add in the local paper and invited me to a local run in Bethesda MD. Up till then In seven years of ownership I had not seen another roadster in the Balto area other than the 2000. What a day! Ten or more roadsters...one racer, great people, food and help with fixing a bad brake light switch. The decision to sell, however, had been made. Said "Roadster Pusher" found a buyer from Brooklyn NY and hooked us up for the sale. Everything was set with the buyer taking a train to Aberdeen and driving the car home to NY. On morning of the transaction, Sunday, I pulled the 1600 out of the garage and discovered the brake master cylinder had decided to bleed fluid all over the drivers side floor. The buyer was on the way to Aberdeen on a one way ticket. What to do. I called my "Roadster Pusher" who without a hesitation said, not a problem. He pulled the brake cylinder off his car and headed to Aberdeen where the switch was made the car cleaned and the buyer made it home with no problem. If I ever do decide to purchase another 311 (26 year old daughter says she would love to have a weekend convertible) it will be because of this experience as much as it was just a great fun car to own. Thanks again Mark.

Mike C
Aberdeen MD