Swaybar Looking Thing?

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

daveylin
Roadster Fanatic

Swaybar Looking Thing?

Post by daveylin »

Hello all,

Im still new to roadsters so Im not sure the purpose of the sway bar looking thing in the trunk... then ends are not connected to anything, yet it is held down with two U shaped bolts....

What is this for??
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

Thing in the trunk that looks liek a swaybar??? post pics....
daveylin
Roadster Fanatic

Post by daveylin »

Car is a few hundred miles from me now, I will take pics when I go work on it again in a few weeks.

The best way I can describe it is that its a almost W looking metal bar that looks exactly like a sway bar... but it is mounted on the inside of the trunk with two U bolts that go through the trunk and tighten under the trunk. The ends of the bar are not connected to anything as I said and I can rotate the bar in place...
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

"Custom" homeade sway bar? attempt at ridgity?
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

Are you sure it's not there to hang the fuel tank? You never know what the PO may have done. The trunk is a very stressed out area with the fuel tank hanging on the body and the rear trunk area usually cracks after awhile. I would look under the car to see if the fuel tank straps are hanging from it. Bill
daveylin
Roadster Fanatic

Post by daveylin »

Actually come to think of it, you may be right... the trunk is rusted and thin and i think the fuel tank may of been connected to that... do I need to replace the trunk? I was going to get the POR15 trunk repair kit...