GPS Info Wanted

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Victor_laury

GPS Info Wanted

Post by Victor_laury »

Anybody got an input on GPS units? Work bought me a cheapy Garmin GPS 60 to log in device locations. I like the trip info (Max speed, Ave Speed, Odom, elapse time) so much I'd like to get 1 unit that I could use in all my cars.

This Garmin unit mapset is really poor (No Boquet Canyon Road!), No real real "Roadster" road shows up on it. Anyone using a unit worth raving about?
Brad Lustig
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Brad Lustig »

I've got a Garmin Streetpilot 2610. Use it mainly for work. You're right, the maps Garmin uses aren't the best. Roads that should have been added to the update weren't added. Several areas, the actual location is way off what's shown on the screen. But it also has some pretty obscure roads around here. It usually gets me where I need to go, though. It also has a lot of cool features. My parents have the Garmin 510 after they used my GPS for a while. It's a little more user friendly but definitely not as feature rich. It's smaller and would be easier to move from car to car. 've heard and read really good things about the TomTom. It's pretty pricey, though