General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Biodiesel Roadster?

Post by Linda »

From the other Datsun List comes this info on another great idea for the Roadster. Thanks to Erik Miller
http://funkaholik.tripod.com/id6.html

Linda
68 1600
I like french fries
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000

Post by Conner »

I was reading up on this after I saw it on the list. Personally I wouldn't go for it in a roadster, but for a commuter car/daily driver I think it could be pretty compelling in a warm climate with gas prices exceeding $3/gallon.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
steve68

Post by steve68 »

An even better idea for our roadster is to use ethanol that you make in your back yard for around $1 a gallon. It can be sourced for free if you try hard enough...plus its like 110 octane. Your car will run cooler also. You just need to richen it up, also its legal as long as it is denatured...(not drinkable)

Ill find the site for ya'll.

Like common belief it doesn't run rubber or metal fuel lines or corrode..thats methonal. Brazil runs everything off it and its half the price at the pump than 87.

Unlike like us dependent..satisfied with a bottle in our mouths...after the fuel embargo, brazil decided that they needed there own fuel...turn sugar into fuel? BINGO!!! Now every car in brazil is flexfuel.

Don't worry the goverment has passed a bill to double our production of ethonal by 2012....so it might be 2% of what brazil produces...They produce 50% atleast of the total ethonal in the world...we do lower than a 5th of that...so sad, we think that we are the best, but here we are getting what we need most from a crack dealer..they know we are going to come back and we need it. Sad very very sad.

Steve
Conner
Roadsteraholic

Post by Conner »

I thought ethanol was more costly than that to produce. Maybe I heard wrong.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
steve68

Post by steve68 »

it might be from corn..but i doubt it, its all just marketing from petrol companys from back in the 80's. I think buying corn mash came ou to $1.10 a gallon..but you could use rotten fruit from grocery stores..you can even sell the left overs from the corn mash to feed stores as feed! alot of possibiltys, just need time. The site also has plans to build a still for $20 i think than it cost $400+ to build, but think how much you are going to save!!!! and be able to run higher compression...and doing it all your self..theres also a way to make synthetic oil for your car...what would you need from oil companys then? electricty...o' wait you can power plants from ethonal...or get solar cells for your roofs.

If you ever noticed the weird shape on a BP gas station roof (over the gas pumps) those are solar cells that power everything, also BP is an non foriegn oil company..so support non-foriegn oil if possible. Did you know that gas in oil producing countries is in the low $0.15's? they are giving it to us while we accept it...:arrow: :shock:..yup
Also another reason why gas is so expensive is because china is try to buy all of ours before we get it..all supply and demand. So why are we supporting goods from china? they are eating our breakfast, lunch and dinner..not the illeagal immigrants. And agian :arrow: :shock:

so people please support america,except in buying forgien oil and goods.

*off soap-box"

Steve
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
RxPoindexter

Post by RxPoindexter »

Hey guys,
while we're on the subject of gas and gas prices, you guys may want to use this page before you fill your tanks

www.gasbuddy.com
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Alvin,

You never cease to amaze me. The bug is cute, but that is the problem. It is a chick car on steroids. Now, the scooter is funky. What a wild ride that would be!! Woo Hoo!!

I wonder what kind of thrust they produce.
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
project_timemachine
Roadster Fanatic

Post by project_timemachine »

Is it safe to use gasoline fuel with a 10% ethanol blend on a stock R16 engine?
Steven
'65 Fairlady Racer

"Life is like a box of used Datsun parts, you'll never know what you're gonna get..."

http://www.projecttm.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/stevenflor
steve68

Post by steve68 »

Actually ou rgasoline is already mixed with ethonal (not 100% but alot of it is)You coulc run off 100% is you could find it..also in the mid-west you can get 85% ethonal and you can run your car from that..but you have to richen it up.

And BP isn't iranin oil, i changed it from non-iranian to forigen and didn't change that... They serve chevron gas anyways, which is american...

steve
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

it will be faster than the original engine, and I'll be laughing as I speed off into the sunset, top down, getting 45 - 50 mpg on free veggie oil, and you are all paying $4 a gallon for dead dinosaur juice
lol, ill be laughin when I pass him with my gas burnin obnoxious carbon monoxide air fillin beast U20 and all he smells is my not catalytic converter gas exhaust while im burnin some good ol 100 octane race fuel.... bwhahahahahahahahahaha
Dave
Turbo Powered
Location: In the refrigerator, to the left of the mayonnaise, behind the pickles and beer.

Post by Dave »

you can even sell the left overs from the corn mash to feed stores as feed! alot of possibiltys, just need time. The site also has plans to build a still for $20 i think than it cost $400+ to build, but think how much you are going to save!!!!
Corn mash...Stills....

Sounds like something Evan would have in his back yard under a camo net to hide it from the ATF guys. Yeeeee Haaaaa! That's some good 'shine there boy!
Dave Kaplan

68 2000 Roadster - Now with GT2560R power!
SR20-DET: 223 rwhp, 222 lb-ft.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904
steve68

Post by steve68 »

i don't know anyone that could drink 180 proof!! or 200proof!! if it touched your skin it would take any water out of it in no time...

Steve
Conner
Roadsteraholic

Post by Conner »

David Gingery has a book about how to build your own still: http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/still/index.html. He also has all kinds of other cool books like how to build a home foundry, metal shop tools from scratch, etc. http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/index.html
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633