So how many roadsters have you ever found that...

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

2LitersWideOpen

So how many roadsters have you ever found that...

Post by 2LitersWideOpen »

1)No rust, no rot
2) never been hit, not even lightly..
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
sgriffin
Roadster Fanatic

how many

Post by sgriffin »

Ditto
Sam E. Griffin
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
2LitersWideOpen

Stickerman wrote: :D
Just enjoy the car you bought, but shouldn't your name be 1.6literswideopen? :shock:
hahaha.. Actually its a play on words from the medical field I am in so the name sticks..

I just wanted to get a feel for how hard it is to find a never hit no rot car.. i find that a lot of people would swear a car has never been hit but look really close and you will see damage.. They all look sweet until you get up close and personal..
Wrenchands

Name

Post by Wrenchands »

2 Liters Wide Open...

Sounds like a trauma surgeon to me?
2LitersWideOpen

No, actually I am a Nurse. ER for 7 years. If I could do it all over again, I would be an orthopedic surgeon... Hell most of the tools we use to work on our cars are the same! :shock: :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

Right! Which is why I refuse to skim-coat my whole car with bondo. That sheet metal came wavy from the factory, and I'm keeping it original!

Plus I'm too lazy for all that sanding.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

No, actually I am a Nurse. ER for 7 years. If I could do it all over again, I would be an orthopedic surgeon... Hell most of the tools we use to work on our cars are the same! Shocked Laughing
Well I guess I could change my name to 2 Liters Slow Drip cause I am a home health RN, among other things, and we give it slow!
I think that fits my restoration and driving style anyway----

And you are right, same tools, less shiny. :roll:

Linda
68 1600
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Right! Which is why I refuse to skim-coat my whole car with bondo. That sheet metal came wavy from the factory, and I'm keeping it original!
3 words... High Build Primer. Sands really easy, and it's not like you have a van or Hummer.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
exit64
Roadsteraholic

Post by exit64 »

And you are right, same tools, less shiny. :roll:

Wow, you guys use ball peen hammers,minigrinders and a blue streak of cuss words in the medical profession?
Tycorcr1

Post by Tycorcr1 »

as a matter of fact they do use peen hammers and grinders, all out of medical grade stainless, works of art they are. You wouldn't believe some of the tools docs have at the ready, worst horror movie stuff. As far as swearing while working, they're too busy talking about their golf game.
project_timemachine
Roadster Fanatic

Post by project_timemachine »

my dad is an ENT surgeon and he has this big stainless steel drill...it's way more powerful than an ordinary drill from the hardware... that surgeon's drill gave me nightmares! the sound is that errie high pitched buzz that you'll hear just about when the patient's jaw is going to be grinded away! :shock: i wish we could develop technology just like in star trek...no more knives, hammers, and especially those freakin' drills! :shock:
Steven
'65 Fairlady Racer

"Life is like a box of used Datsun parts, you'll never know what you're gonna get..."

http://www.projecttm.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/stevenflor
Dicksonauto
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Dicksonauto »

I know alot of doctors talk about their golf game but my wifes OBGYN was a car guy and when my son was born, she had to have an emergency C section. So there I am scrubbing up with the doc and he noticed the oil on my hands from last nights oil change and asked if I worked on cars. I said i did and we started talking about cars. He had an MG back in the day and used a rope between two trees to pull the engine. I told him I was using a rachet strap over a joist to pull my roadster engine. We were having a great time until my wife yelled at me from the next room "I cant believe you are talking about cars when Im having a baby in here" :shock: . The doctor smiled and said we had better get in the room. My wife rolled her eyes when he came by to check on her and brought pictures of his car :D .
Erik

Some people drive to go from point A to point B, I go from Point A to point B so I can drive.

1966 SPL Lucky
1966 Patrol Bones
1967 Patrol Link
1967.5 SPL Mugwomp