Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
69ner
Roadster Fanatic

Post by 69ner »

hes not a true roadster nut......i think it was one of those spur of the moment things....... :roll:
2LitersWideOpen

Post by 2LitersWideOpen »

Alvin is dead on.. and yes I am a Roadster nut.. Maybe not as big of a nut yet as all of you but give me time... A few teething problems is all we are going through. I am not going to discuss my finances on this forum or any other place so that should put that idea to rest.

I have with some excellent help from some very patient members here, come to a very nice conclusion. Exciting as well and should satisfy my desire to have both a 1600 and a 2000 low and high window cars.

And anyone who isn;t a true roadster nut wouldn't be going through all of this angst to get the cars he really wants..

Have patience with me. Im like a kid in a candy store and I just found 5 dollars.. :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
2LitersWideOpen

please.... I do not speak of money to impress anyone. You also do not know me and resort to taking quotes out of context. I do not care if you think I am or am not a "roadster nut" I do not have to measure up to you or anyone and will NOT get sucked into a competition or tit for tat sniping game.

I will get my roadsters as I see fit. I am sorry I mentioned so much of my personal thoughts. trust me, it will not happen again.

These forums live like a womens gossip group at the local hairdressers. Its a favorite to continually bring up past comments and use them against someone.

Maybe more people would join, if they didn't get bashed so much. I came here for help, not jealousy and biting useless critiscism.

So if you have something helpful to say, by all means do so. Otherwise, Please keep your comments to yourself.

Thanks.
Stacebug

Post by Stacebug »

This guy unfortunately reminds me of Andrew. Another person that has no conception of how people respond to his lame musings.
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Ok boys, let's chill out and cut the bashing. If someone has money or not, impulse buys or in general is erratic in their Roadster hobby, SO WHAT.
Don't turn it into a pissing contest.
Or you can persist and get banned from the board.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to go gossip with the girls.... 8)

Linda
68 1600
I liked Andrew
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

I get it.
He had a case of buyer's remorse. He got overly excited about getting a roadster (he's not the first!) and bought the wrong car for him perhaps at the wrong price. Now he wants to sell it and hopefully be more thoughtful about researching and finding the right car for him. I vote we give him a break.
At the same time, he definitely ruffled some feathers in his first posts by making comments about the kind of money he was thinking of spending. Personally that didn't bother me enough to comment, but clearly it bothered some who have spent less money and more time and effort in their pursuit of their perfect roadster. Also understandable. In my experience these forums are NOT typically catty or gossippy, but they can be taken in that direction sometimes under certain conditions. :oops:
On these kinds of forums I typically try to follow some advice given to me as a young child that has served me well since: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. 8)
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
2LitersWideOpen

1) I wouldn't spend my time looking for a Roadster if I liked Boxsters or Miata's.
2) I am a single ONLY parent to a 6 year old. I worlk 12 hour shifts ( ok granted 3 days a week but it takes 2 days to recover after 1 day of work)
so my time is limited.

IT was buyers remorse. I felt that these cars were rare enough and this was the best I could find.

3 I simply found another couple of cars that were better in certain areas that I like/want and this one did not fit into the renewed plans. Actually this is a nice car. But that would be my OPINION. Yes it has no rust, no corrosion and has a really nice engine, excellent top and really nice interior. I am trying at the moment to figure out if it has 54K or 154K miles on it originally.

The lack of rust, perfect undercarriage and a decent trail of reciepts with mileage is leading me to believe that it has only 54K original. Not sure, still need to see an absolute smoking gun, but lots of little things points in that direction.

I simply changed my mind. Thats it. Nothing more. Nothing less. I wanted to go in a different direction and my financial standing has also changed.

Yes, I can afford to buy two of them. It was not meant to belittle those that do not have the money or who want to spend years building the perfect roadster

I simply do not have the time anymore to try and do a full restoration on this or any other car. I have done many cars in my life and honestly I DO make enough money to let someone else do the grunt work for a change.
Besides, having a fun car is NO fun when you can't drive it because its getting restored.

My goal is to buy a car that I can drive NOW, AND buy one that I can slowly restore without it being my sole roadster. This way I get the best of both worlds, a car to drive and one to restore. I have learned that the fastest path to disillusionment with a hobby is to be inactive. Having a car that needs full restoration WITHOUT having another to constantly remind you of what fun it is to drive will lead to a for sale sign very quickly and worse yet, a dissapointment and dislike for the car.

I hope this clears up some points for you all.
Last edited by 2LitersWideOpen on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

I hope everyone is satisfied w/ Peter's response; I am.

Time to move on..... 8)
Last edited by ppeters914 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Datrock
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datrock »

My 2 cents, like some think, your answers do not need our approval... You are doing what you want to do and don't let anyone discourage your Roadster plans.
I feel it is just that some people don't understand why your comments are bothering them. Its not the comments, it is the way they deal with your comments...
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

It makes sense. But why jack up the price $300 dollars?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED