General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Wet Spring in San Francisco

Post by datsun65 »

Usually, during March in San Francisco, the weather dries up and leads to fantastic cruising weather for drop top cruising..

BUT...not this year. In March there were 26 rainy days! The rain just continues and continues.. I just couldn't take it any more...

So this evening (in between rainstorms) I decided it was time to return the Blockbuster movies..So I fired up the 67 2000 and went for a drive. Oh man, crisp air, and wet slick roads make for some fun driving! Quickly dropped the movies off..and headed back home.

But when I got back to the house...I just drove on by...Can't stop a good thing, right!?!? Took the roadster for a cruise through the slick nighttime San Francisco Peninsula hills (Belmont, San Mateo, San Carlos). After about an hour of driving, I returned home & wiped down the roadster...

Now I can get a good night's sleep :)

[img][img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/ ... CF9328.jpg[/img][/img]
Dan
Houston, TX
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
67 1/2 1600

Post by 67 1/2 1600 »

I hate this rainy weather. I took mine for a spin(it was cloudy) left it out with the top off came back to put it in the garage and a cloud had rinsed off my interior. :x
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

I read a weather report yesterday that literally said "rain, tapering to rain".

Long range forecasts show 10 more days of rain :( followed by 5 sunny-ish days :) I can't wait.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

This rain is driving me crazy. I haven't been able to take my car out and actuially push it since doing the rear end reconstruction. The roads around here are just to bad, and way too slippery.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

It's pouring down here. The roadster is back from the shop. I put the truck in the shop for Skip to go through it as well. That means the roadster is on daily driver service for the next few days befor the Iron Bottom tour.

Thank goodness the Azenis sports do a good job in the rain!
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Yes, surprisingly the Azenis tires are good in the rain. My 615s are better than the old ones, but I have to say the old ones were ok. I don't know how it would be without the LSD rear end in the rain, but my car feels resonably sure footed in the wet stuff (unless I hit a big patch of standing water.)

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Boy, we sure could use some rain down here. We are in a severe drought. The trees and lawns are all dry and brown. I wish you could send some this way.

Maggie
Wrenchands

Rain?

Post by Wrenchands »

You guys are lucky to only have rain coming down...

It snows 9 months of the year in Minnesota :x
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

SLOroadster wrote:This rain is driving me crazy. I haven't been able to take my car out and actuially push it since doing the rear end reconstruction. The roads around here are just to bad, and way too slippery.

Will
*cough*go drifting!*cough*

just dont get the azenis' in mud, they will tear up the "grass".... :lol:
Conner
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Conner »

Evan, I've begun worrying about you. You seem to be coughing a lot. Do you have the flu?
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Import_sounds-of-mid-GA

Post by Import_sounds-of-mid-GA »

lol, actually allergies are killing me.... but yeah, coughs have been "heard" all over the net from me lately :D
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Ahh yes the drift; I had 3 gears of sideways on my way to work this moring. The yellow line in the middle started it, and I just stayed on the gas. Fun stuff. I wish we had snow, at least I could throw it at someone, or go skiing.

Will
TAP63

Post by TAP63 »

I grew up in Denver and roadsters are suprisingly good in the snow too. Lots of fun for drifting and corners... I sometimes miss the snow. It is really amazing what passes for snow in Middle Tennessee... A dusting and the schools close!
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

We had snow for the fist time in over 100yrs Christmas of 2004. I loved it. I will admit, I was afraid to drive. I had never seen nor driven is snow before. Our bigest problem is the drought. The lights keep going out due to the dust on the power lines.

Maggie