General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

wineguy
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Roadster sighting in Austin,TX

Post by wineguy »

On the way to work this morning I chased down a red 67 1600. Pulled up next to the guy and was able to say hello, till traffic became an issue. Anyone on the list? This is the third roadster I've seen on the road in Austin, in the last 5 years. It made my day and made me late for work. Oh well, it had to be done.
Chuck Barnes
67.5 2000 SRL-218- Sold
67.5 1600 SPL
67.5 2000 SRL-525
69 2000 SRL-12664
Conner
Roadsteraholic

Post by Conner »

I have not seen a read low-windshield car in the area. I saw a red 2000 once on the way to work and almost went off the road gawking. I the only other roadster folks I know in the area are Bruce Schluderman in Round Rock and Tom Walter in Cedar Park, who doesn't have anything on the road at the moment (to my knowledge).
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Two Hipsters Angrily Call Each Other 'Hipster'

March 29, 2006 | Issue 42•13

AUSTIN, TX—An argument between local hipsters Dan Walters and Brian Guterman has devolved to the point where each is angrily calling the other "hipster," those close to the pair reported Monday. "Hey, hipster! Here's 12 bucks—why don't you go get yourself a bucket of PBRs at the Gold Mine?" Walters, 22, is said to have told Guterman, 22, invoking the name of a local bar known for its "poseur" clientele. "Whatever you say, scenester," Guterman allegedly replied. "Don't you have a Death Cab For Cutie show to be at right now?" Acquaintances of Guterman and Walters trace the long-running conflict back to high school, when they reportedly threw pencils at each other and argued about who was more "emo."
sorry had to do it.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Conner
Roadsteraholic

Post by Conner »

Hey, "Potatoe" was from Dan Quayle!
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Do you guys ever come close to the Rio Grande Valley? I have never seen any roadster here.

Maggie
Conner
Roadsteraholic

Post by Conner »

I have never been that far south. I've been from Austin to Dallas to Houston to San Antonio a million times, seen some of the Hill Country to the west, and driven all the way out to Texarkana and beyond a few times, but never seen more of west Texas or that far south.
Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

My brother has a 67.5 2000 in Austin. It is silver and doesn't get driven much. He would probably sell it if someone was interested. It is possibly the only high windshield 67.5 in existence.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

:?:

flat dash or safety dash?
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

It has a custom dash made from wood. The previous owner was a carpenter and made the dash. It has the later style gauges so I suspect that it came with the later style dash. The car was originally a 68 and was wrecked in the rear. They repaired it by welding a new rear half at the rear door jamb. The back half is a 67. That makes the car a 67.5 right?
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!