can anyone recommend a paint guy in So CAl

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

roadstermike
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

can anyone recommend a paint guy in So CAl

Post by roadstermike »

I am in the middle of building a stroker for my 67.5 and want to paint the car while the engine is out. Can anyone recommend a guy in So Cal. I am located in south orange county. What price should I expect to pay to paint a partially stripped car? I plan to pull all the chrome and rubber.

Thanks.

Mike
67.5 1600 stroker
Michael
67.5 2000 clone
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Paint

Post by SLOroadster »

THe cost of painting the car is going to depend on the type of paint, and the amount of prep work that goes into the job. PPG, Glasurit, and RM Diamount are some of the best. The paint job itself could be flawless but if the body work isn't, you wont be happy with it (especially if it is black. A metalic sliver or grey hides imperfections really well.) You will be looking at $1000+ for good paint job, more if you want a really high quality one. 2 stage paint jobs will last longer and look better, however a single stage nonmetalic paint job can look good as well.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

You have many vendors in Southern California who could point you in the right direction here.

Fairlady Products - Northridge
Stan Chernoff - Torrance
Classic Datsun Motorsports - Vista
Too Intense Restoration - Tustin

Take your pick!!!

http://groups.msn.com/fresnodroc/vendorlinks.msnw