Hi, new to Forum..but not new to Datsun Roadsters....

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Bar10girl

Hi, new to Forum..but not new to Datsun Roadsters....

Post by Bar10girl »

Just wanted to say Hi to everybody. I have had my Roadster for over 5 years and still love it.

Does anyone know where to find trim moldings?!? :(

Thanks in advance.
itsa68
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by itsa68 »

Welcome!
I think someone referred to this forum as the loony bin, but I think that you will find its quite informative with a little humour thrown in from time to time.

Ray B.
Thats not a R16 death rattle....its a dried leaf hitting my heater blower fan.
1968 SPL311 non-smog
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by datsun65 »

New molding is hard to find...However, used molding frequently comes up for sale on Ebay.

Peter V. was able to fit some new molding from an MGB to a roadster, and it looked great! Here is Peter's info....
was looking for an alternative to the unobtainable With Datsun side moulding for a '68 2000 very scarce, I tried MGB Part # 453-478 from Moss Motors. It required some cutting for the door and front piece, but overall, I am pleased with the result.
http://groups.msn.com/badroc/mgbmouldingondatsun.msnw
Dan
Houston, TX
TR

Post by TR »

Doesn't Rallye have trim for a 70? Also, a good metal guy/gal can restore it to new condition...
Dicksonauto
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Dicksonauto »

Welcome to the site. I recently joined and have found some great info about Datsuns and the people that drive them ( or at least plan on driving them once they get them complete again). It is nice to talk to people that understand taking a second on the house so you can buy more parts on ebay. Have fun with the forums.
Erik

Some people drive to go from point A to point B, I go from Point A to point B so I can drive.

1966 SPL Lucky
1966 Patrol Bones
1967 Patrol Link
1967.5 SPL Mugwomp