General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

KentLowe
Forum Newb
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Any guidance?

Post by KentLowe »

I've been seeking help with rubber pieces for my 68 2000 during the reassembly process. After pulling off the dash, I realized I need more information on the firewall, specifically a diagram indicating where cables, hoses, and wires pass through. Also, I'm struggling with grommets for the speedometer and tach cables; I can't figure out how to get them over the fittings. Do the fittings need to be removed, or am I missing a trick? Any guidance would be appreciated, and I apologize in advance for potential future questions.
toadman
Roadster Nut
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Any guidance?

Post by toadman »

That’s all here in the forum if you search word “firewall”, I know I’ve seen the diagram before. Grommets are available online, I got som blank ones and punched holes to correspond with what goes thru it. You will have to cut them to slide over the wires/lines/cables. You could attempt to super glue the cut back together, but it it usually holds itself together when fit back into the opening. Some correct grommets are nicer to have, like the double opening choke one for SU cars.
Bwk2000
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Any guidance?

Post by Bwk2000 »

Toadman is correct. The following thread should help:

viewtopic.php?p=331179&hilit=Firewall+diagram#p331179
Kai
Halifax, N.S.
’69 SPL311 Sports 1600

Classic Cars - Because clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.