IIIIIT'S Back

A spot for any one considering making or selling reproduction parts-please put parts for sale in the vendors ad section

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Re: IIIIIT'S Back

Post by jamesw »

I've been a member of this forum for decades and helped a lot of folks. I try to be unbiased and I have bought parts from all of the vendors here. Just reading through here I don't see any reason to disable Dean's datsunparts account here - I think you should reconsider and reinstate his account.

Best regards,
James Wiseman
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by S Allen »

You are all correct. I made a snap decision without thinking it through rationally. I was a jerk and I own up to that. I did break my own rules. And, no I did not discuss it with the moderators. I have re-enabled Dean's account and am removing any reference regarding the fiberglass dash pads. I cannot chock it up to a bad hair day as I do not have much hair left. I would ban myself but will take a week off to reflect on what a bad decision I made. If you asked to have your account deleted I complied. I never said I was always right and am not ashamed to admit I made a mistake. Now, back to the regularly scheduled activities of this antiquated forum.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Bwk2000
Roadsteraholic
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Bwk2000 »

Thank you Steve
Kai
Halifax, N.S.
’69 SPL311 Sports 1600

Classic Cars - Because clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.
harlankatz01
Roadster Nut

Post by harlankatz01 »

Steve
I believe you really need to review this issue and recheck your personal feelings. This is a complete benign conversion about a re introduction of a necessary part that is being discussed with the community.

I believe that your reaction to this thread is complete blown out of proportion and you need to relook into this. You may not need datsunparts.com due to your personal feelings but don’t speak for every datsun roadster owner that expects their forum administrator to be non bias and supportive to the entire community. Not only your personal feelings about dean Apostal.

Your actions may cause back lash within the roadster community due to not being advised of new parts releases and sales of products. This will hurt the community.

I’m saying “we” don’t need you is completely irresponsible and wrong on your part. You have just told a vendor that nobody needs him but that’s you speaking and nobody else. You didn’t give the community that option. I would say this about ANY vendor that you did this too.
harlankatz01
Roadster Nut

Post by harlankatz01 »

Thank you Steve
I believe that was a good decision. Thank you for listened to your forum community.
DAC21
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by DAC21 »

harlankatz01 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:22 pm Steve
I believe you really need to review this issue and recheck your personal feelings. This is a complete benign conversion about a re introduction of a necessary part that is being discussed with the community.

I believe that your reaction to this thread is complete blown out of proportion and you need to relook into this. You may not need datsunparts.com due to your personal feelings but don’t speak for every datsun roadster owner that expects their forum administrator to be non bias and supportive to the entire community. Not only your personal feelings about dean Apostal.

Your actions may cause back lash within the roadster community due to not being advised of new parts releases and sales of products. This will hurt the community.

I’m saying “we” don’t need you is completely irresponsible and wrong on your part. You have just told a vendor that nobody needs him but that’s you speaking and nobody else. You didn’t give the community that option. I would say this about ANY vendor that you did this too.
Sheesh!, did you not that note Steve made thing's right three hours before your post?
1967 1600 in waiting SPL311-09002 / R-28178
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport Ultimate
harlankatz01
Roadster Nut

Post by harlankatz01 »

I did. But I also replied in this posting.
Thank you
cole455
Roadsteraholic

Post by cole455 »

Now that we’ve got that a outta the way. I expressed interest earlier. I don’t suppose these are close to ready? 🤞
jamesw
Roadsteraholic

Post by jamesw »

Thanks Steve for your re-consideration and thank you also for working so hard over the years to provide a great platform for us to use.

Cheers
James Wiseman
SRL311-00275
'96 Porsche 993 C4
2001 Excursion 7.3l
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

Thank you Steve. In a time when one often sees people and even "leaders" not owning up to mistakes that ALL of us have made at different moments in life, I appreciate your self reflection and corrective action.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

S Allen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:29 pm You are all correct. I made a snap decision without thinking it through rationally. I was a jerk and I own up to that. I did break my own rules. And, no I did not discuss it with the moderators. I have re-enabled Dean's account and am removing any reference regarding the fiberglass dash pads. I cannot chock it up to a bad hair day as I do not have much hair left. I would ban myself but will take a week off to reflect on what a bad decision I made. If you asked to have your account deleted I complied. I never said I was always right and am not ashamed to admit I made a mistake. Now, back to the regularly scheduled activities of this antiquated forum.

Steve
Steve, A humble response. We all make mistakes. All is well. Thanks to all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Dean
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

Thanks guys... sounds silly but this kind of resolution always gives me hope for human kind... one more small but important pebble that slowly changes the course of a river.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
Nded
Site Supporter

Post by Nded »

Any updates on this happening please?
Ed Qualls - Largo Florida
Has Car Owner Virus