IIIIIT'S Back

A spot for any one considering making or selling reproduction parts-please put parts for sale in the vendors ad section

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

IIIIIT'S Back

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

Even though labor costs have increased, material shortages and increased cost on materials and of course nobody seems to want to work these days and on top of everything I had to bribe my foam and vinyl guy and pay him twice what I paid him before, but we still pulled this in for a price that Just Dashes could never touch. Now its up to you to say I definitely want one. Use the "Notify me when this item is available" link at the part number to request a dash.
When I receive enough requests I will start production. There will be a form sent for the advance reservation requesting all your information. That form needs to be returned by email to us to hold your place in line and your part. No credit cards will be charged until the day of shipment.
Read on here to find out about your part :

https://datsunparts.com/products/datsun ... 7635724576
Last edited by Datsunparts.comInc on Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Re: IIIIIT'S Back

Post by Alvin »

LOVE IT!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Solex68
Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Solex68 »

it's beautiful.
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: SS brake lines, Stan Stealth Dizzy
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

For those of you who have sent your request for a dash we thank you. You only have to click the "Notify me" box with your email once. Doing so 3 or 4 times is not necessary, The Shopify system senses duplication and deletes the extra requests. Also make sure your email is correct.

Thanks, Dean
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
rbhenderson
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by rbhenderson »

Datsunparts.comInc wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:47 pm For those of you who have sent your request for a dash we thank you. You only have to click the "Notify me" box with your email once. Doing so 3 or 4 times is not necessary, The Shopify system senses duplication and deletes the extra requests. Also make sure your email is correct.

Thanks, Dean
Should we be expecting an email with the form immediately after we submit our email address or when you start up production? I haven't received one, and that may have caused a few additional resubmittals... haha (sorry!)
S Allen
Site Admin
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by S Allen »

Where are the prices? There needs to be a price in order for this to stay. Otherwise it will be removed per the forum rules, It is awesome you are doing this but let people know what it will cost them in the end. Thanks.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Typically when an item is in stock by clicking on the variants it will show the price at the top. Such as this: https://datsunparts.com/collections/eng ... 5480433848 and then this when you click the other variant : https://datsunparts.com/collections/eng ... 5480466616

When something is not in stock Shopify will not allow a price to exist when you click on the 3 variant boxes. There is a line through them.
If you scroll down further the prices have been adjusted and are listed in the text field.

Dean
drieseck
Site Supporter

Post by drieseck »

Nice work, thanks for the effort to bring the wonderful details. The unobtainable piece puts many restorations back on track, feasible & affordable. Benefits the entire community. Much appreciated.
68' 2L solex- in progress
68' 2L SU- driver, 69' 2L next
S Allen
Site Admin

Post by S Allen »

I moved this to new reproduction parts which is where it belongs. No prices required here. A better way to have handled this would have been to conduct a poll explaining the different options that would become available to see how much interest there would be. I get why you have no prices and it is not your software. You need to find out just how many you might have made before you can price anything. Supply and demand. And I do applaud your efforts as others have stated as well.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
UTBirdMan
Roadster Nut

Post by UTBirdMan »

<deleted post>
Last edited by UTBirdMan on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
1967 SPL311 Boomerang Resto-Mod in Progress
3x 1981 Honda C70 SuperCubs
2008 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
New-ish cars not worth mentioning
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

S Allen wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:05 pm I moved this to new reproduction parts which is where it belongs. No prices required here. A better way to have handled this would have been to conduct a poll explaining the different options that would become available to see how much interest there would be. I get why you have no prices and it is not your software. You need to find out just how many you might have made before you can price anything. Supply and demand. And I do applaud your efforts as others have stated as well.

Regarding the fiberglass reproduction dashes Stan had available for many years. They were well made and a perfect reproduction. I purchased three from Stan, One for the 67, one for the 67-1/2 stroker and one for the 66. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. I wish he would make more.

Steve
Steve, I appreciate your comments, but this is my realm and I have been making parts for 35 years. That is my specialty.
I would have done a poll if it was a new product but all 3 versions of my dash were available before and sold as such. This is one of 5 internet groups that I posted this part on and clearly their was a huge interest prior to my posting and the interest was already there for the past 4 years from the numerous posts I have viewed on line. I know exactly what I need to charge and how to price it accordingly based on minimums for manufacturing and materials and I've been using an educated guess with hundreds of parts that I have made and have been extremely successful without polling and this process has worked for years.
I posted prices on Facebook over a month ago for the most popular version and there are prices in the text description at the part number so moving it here was unnecessary.
I believe you specifically said that people should not be using someone's advertising thread here in 311's to talk about someone elses product and you specifically asked vendors to restrict their comments about other products and to keep any comment in their own web-site, which I have done and have followed your rule.
You mentioning a product that is not available, serves no purpose and is not related to the subject matter of this thread.
If you want that product, would not your Classifieds Wanted section be the best place to post your desires and your personal opinion? Isn't that your rule? I would appreciate you not doing that on my thread and to remove your comments.

Thank you,

Dean
S Allen
Site Admin

Post by S Allen »

I was really trying to be nice about this. I know you have been in the parts business for years but your response was pretty arrogant. Your account has been disabled. I have put up with your attitude far too long and I am over it. You have done nothing for 311s.org but cause me headaches. I hope you sell a ton of low windshield dashes. You do not need 311s.org to promote your business and we do not need you.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
datsun1500
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun1500 »

Steve, sorry but I disagree that you were trying to be nice. You mentioning a competing product and saying you wish it was made again is a lousy move. If Stan posted his and someone here said "I wish Dean would make them again" you would have an issue with that, and rightfully so. Your bias is showing, but it’s your sandbox, so it is what it is.
I remember when no one wanted the 1500s......
Fairlady5150

Post by Fairlady5150 »

S Allen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:23 pm I was really trying to be nice about this. I know you have been in the parts business for years but your response was pretty arrogant. Your account has been disabled. I have put up with your attitude far too long and I am over it. You have done nothing for 311s.org but cause me headaches. I hope you sell a ton of low windshield dashes. You do not need 311s.org to promote your business and we do not need you.

Steve
Steve -

If you're going to disable the account of every vendor that acts like a total douchebag, JT and Mike Young would have been deleted long ago. Once again you're showing your bias.

Tell you what, go ahead and disable my account as well. You're a biased jerk, and this forum is antiquated and cumbersome technology anyway.
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

I agree with Dean. I saw no problems or issues with how this product was re-introduced or executed. I certainly understand the need for rules and specific categories for parts etc. If there was/is a category that best represents where this thread should be, fine. Agree that the mention of another vendors specific product was completely unnecessary and served no purpose but to try and direct people elsewhere or continue a personal issue. Sure, price listings are important, but the reality is that you can either afford the product or decide to look elsewhere. Having a price listed by a vendor vs someone selling off extra parts is a different matter to me.

This forum represents hundreds of Roadster owners in a world wide community. I greatly appreciate the work and effort that goes on behind the scenes to make this exist. It has also grown beyond just a group of people, it's an invaluable and to me an irreplaceable source for all things Roadster, and we all benefit from it. I have contributed a few pennies to support this forum and will continue to do so, but I want rules to be applied equally and without bias.

Steve, it appears to me that you broke your own/forums agreed to rules. I don't think it would have been any big deal to have this categorized or placed in New Reproduction Parts... still going to be seen etc. The personal issue illustrated by your mention of another vendors unavailable product was just that, unnecessary and disappointing. Was this discussed with any other moderators? This could have been handled better.
Last edited by Gregs672000 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA