General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Online Photo Albums

Post by ppeters914 »

I searched, but, suprisingly, didn't find this topic discussed directly.

To have a pic display between the IMG tags, it needs to be hosted online by a server that will allow linking. This eliminates sites like eBay and Webshots.

Some people have their own website. Maybe someday, but not now.

The 311s.org Photo Album won't let you link anymore (known issue - no known solution). I tried using the Coppermine Album directly, but it won't let me activate an account.

Other so-called "free" sites require you to purchase something during the year and/or have activity otherwise the account is disabled/deleted. Snapfish, Sony's Imagestation, and Kodak's EasyShare fit into this category.

I know several people use Car Domain, but wondered what other online photo albums (preferably free with zero or few restrictions) people are using, and their pros/cons.

Thanks.
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

I use Fotki.com It is not free, but cheap. It has been very stable. I can use it to link photos to all my php forums - EXCEPT 311s.org! for some reason, 311s.org will not embed them
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000

Post by datsun65 »

I use:

http://www.photobucket.com/

It is FREE, and even provides the the BB code type links, so you can just copy your picture into your 311s forum posts.
Dan
Houston, TX
S Allen
Site Admin

RE:Photo Albums

Post by S Allen »

I did not realize people were having these issues. The Coppermine Album should be up and working fine. Pete, when did you try it? I have been doing some remodeling myself and had to redo some wiring on several occassions. I shut my web server off by accident. :oops: No battery backup. I would really like to see people to start using the Coppermine album. It works just fine for me but then I am the admin. 8) As to why Victor cannot link pictures to the forum is making me wonder. Are Victor and Pete the only two having problems?

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
S Allen
Site Admin

RE:Photos

Post by S Allen »

I know we used to be able to embed or attach files from the forum album. I will have to do a little research in my spare time. 8) One of the upgrades must have broken it. Damn progress any ways. We have to try to stay one step ahead of the bad boys and girls. That virus that was embeded in the forum some time ago was nasty.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
jhdj250

Post by jhdj250 »

Steve,

I have tried to post picture from the 311 photo album in a posting and had no luck.

JHD
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

I can embed photos from ClassicFairlady.com, but not Fotki. It makes posting images to this forum a hassle. I don't wanna post some images from classicfairlady, cause it's a rule there to keep it roadster related. Just cause I'm admin, doesn't give me carte blanc to break the rules.

It's weird that I have this issue here, and not other forums that use the same engine, such as http://www.olddatsunpickuplovers.com/ , which is phpBB as well.

BTW, Classicfairlady.com is open for your use as a roadster photo host. The only hassle is ya gotta wait for me to approve them.

When Mike and I put it up, we had hopes that it would become the roadster forum, but 311s quickly developed to that stature. There really should be only one forum, so 311s is it. Instead of classicfairlady just sit stagnent, it can serve the community at least as extra space for photos.