Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

DKB59
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Another lighting problem

Post by DKB59 »

Fuse box has 6 fuses. The harness is original to the car. I removed it when I took the body off the frame. Cleaned and replaced it. Right now I have both flasher cans removed, the turn signal switch disconnected and the hazard switch disconnected. Still have power to both wires (light and turn signals) front and rear when I turn on the lights. Brake lights working correctly. Still haven’t located where I’m getting power to the turn signals yet.
david premo
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by david premo »

Alright that changes things quite a bit. Begin by using the 68 wiring diagram in the tech wiki for your reference. Also the 68 turn signal switch is the worst or the turn signal switches, with a high frequency of failure. Start by testing your switch for continuity based on the switches wiring diagram. After that switch to testing the four way flasher switch.
Curtis
Site Supporter
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Curtis »

Two things.

Fix your profile so people know where you are. You might have someone that can come help you.

Check that all the lights are plugged in to the harness correctly. Greens to green, blacks to black. It can be hard to tell with dirty wires.

With the turn and hazard disconnected you shouldn't have any power to turn lights. Tails and brake are powered separately.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
redroadster
Roadsteraholic
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by redroadster »

Another way to do it ,find it , put the bulbs back in and hook a amp guage on a multimeter 20A on neg side
Then start unplugging multipliugs unhook ground conn.until the draw goes away
I've had the sockets twisted in the bases that twisted the wires touching , on some datsuns
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster