Seat Belt location

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Seat Belt location

Post by nismou20 »

I put in a new rear deck shelf but haven’t tapped the hole in the wheel arch area yet. With the retracter seat belt in that arch location always puts stress on the soft top when in folded position. It tends to raise the top when putting seatbelt on. Is there a set of alternate holes in the floor area just behind the seats? I didn’t want to pull up the glued carpet to see. Or maybe the wall just forward of package shelf? I’m almost certain the stock wheel arch location is better reinforced but thought I’d ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 Chevy Tracker
2010 RAV4
1969 Datsun Roadster
2005 Lotus Elise
1995 Toyota Tercel (Poormans Corolla)
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree RV
Bwk2000
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Seat Belt location

Post by Bwk2000 »

Any chance on using one of the original roll bar hole locations as an anchor point?
Kai
Halifax, N.S.
’69 SPL311 Sports 1600

Classic Cars - Because clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.
Habitat.pat
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Seat Belt location

Post by Habitat.pat »

I didn’t see any alternative holes when I had my interior out. As I understand it even the wheel arch holes are not a good idea because the belt anchors should be above shoulder height to keep from putting downward force on your back in an accident. I have a roll(street) bar going into my 67.5 & will be mounting the belt retractors to it above shoulder level. I also plan on reinforcing the package shelf under the bar mounts.

Peace,
Pat
67.5 SPL311 Stroker Restomod
Pat Horne, Near Austin, TX
We support Habitat for Humanity
A hand UP, not a hand OUT